[ Link removed ] is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is ranked No. 1 among electric and gas utility companies in Fortune® magazine's 'World's Most Admired Companies®.' Join a team that’s among the very best…at NextEra Energy Resources.
Employees in this entry-level role perform maintenance and repair activities on wind turbine generators. Individuals conduct precision measurement, generator alignment, bearing replacement, and torque checks. This is a seasonal role where individuals work during the months of February through November.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under general supervision:
- Travels extensively throughout the assigned region with little or no notice during the months of February through November
- Performs maintenance and repair on wind turbine power generation equipment
- Performs electrical, electronic, and mechanical troubleshooting
- Maintains all company supplied equipment, facilities, and tooling
- Completes Safety Mentor training curriculum with 6 months of initial hire
- Completes Wind Field Service Technician III training curriculum within first year
- Ability to meet attendance requirements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 1+ years in a technical field, OR completion of a technical certificate/degree program
- Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
- Ability to climb a wind turbine up to 300 feet
- Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Technicians - Wind/HV/Solar
Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs
Location: Muenster, Texas
Other Work Locations: Texas
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Wind Energy, Gas, Gas Technician, Energy
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Field Service Management
- Wind Turbine
- Complex Problem Solving
- Electricity Generation