HELP US GROW OUR TEAM! NTH IS HIRING A BUILDING ENCLOSURE TECHNOLOGY STAFF ENGINEER!
Join the FUN CULTURE at a 2021 NATIONAL BEST AND BRIGHTEST COMPANY, 2021 CRAIN’S COOL PLACES TO WORK AND 2020 DETROIT FREE PRESS TOP WORKPLACE. Exciting project work, professional development and a robust employee engagement program set us apart.
NTH is a regionally recognized engineering firm specializing in professional civil, environmental, geotechnical and infrastructure consulting engineering and offering many employee perks.
- Flexible and hybrid schedules
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program
- Medical and Dental (NTH pays majority of premium)
- Vision (Modest premium)
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial assistance for professional certifications
Vocational courses or Associates degree; Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Construction Technology, or a related discipline in Engineering preferred.
- One to three years of building enclosure-related and/or construction industry experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic roofing, engineering, and office operation concepts.
- Willingness and ability to work on construction sites.
- Demonstrated ability to make preliminary evaluations and provide opinions (cause and corrective action) on tasks to NTH’s Project Engineer and/or Project Manager.
- Ability to read construction drawings and construction documents.
Key Job Elements
In this role you will:
- Complete accurate Daily Field Reports.
- Independently observe on-site roof construction operations, documenting and summarizing on-site activities, compliance of operations with project requirements, and other pertinent data.
- Assist with nondestructive roof moisture surveys utilizing infrared thermographic scanning and nuclear density gauge equipment.
- Assist with roof condition surveys and roof component sampling, including both quantitative and qualitative documentation and analysis.
- Independently operate relevant equipment.
- Under the direction of experienced staff, perform detailed design of roofing systems. This work includes field reconnaissance and preparation of field notes, drawings, specifications, and estimates for review and approval by a Senior Roofing Consultant.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Accuracy, dependability, and strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time, and have ability to work in a team environment.
- Will be required to perform job duties in the field, during non-standard work hours, as necessary, including weekends.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions, including heat, sun, rain, snow, and heights.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel to and conduct field work at job sites/offices in and out of state.
Leadership and Project Management Experience
- Must be able to work on multiple projects for multiple project managers within budgets and deadlines.
- Must express a desire to learn all aspects of being a successful project manager and consulting engineer.
Ability to interact with clients to understand their needs.
Authorized to work full-time in the U.S.A. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
AAP / EEO Statement
NTH Consultants, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
NTH Consultants, Ltd. participates in E-Verify.
- Architectural Drawing
- Business Development
- Construction Engineering