At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com & connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs are recruiting for a Project Engineer (Site) to Join our EDF framework delivery team based at EDF Dungeness B.
The Critical Mission Solutions line of business supports our key client EDF with regards their nuclear fleet in the UK and has an annual turnover in excess of £40M. This is a key role within our Project Management Resource team which is spread across our UK network. You will be part of a site based team based at EDF Dungeness, this role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio.
Project Engineer (Site) will support either Project Manager or Construction Manager in managing allocated work from assignment
to close out covering all duties related to work delivery as requested by the Project Manager or Construction Manager in order to ensure that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner to its conclusion.
• As The project engineer role may vary depending on the specific assignment undertaken but would typically involve the activities below:
• Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Support the Project Manager with day to day activities required to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
• Facilitate and chair meetings as required by the Project Manager.
• Prepare and maintain engineering documentation including Quality Plans and other documents as required.
• Ensure production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
• Review technical documentation including contractor’s documents and drawings when authorised to do so.
• Ensure technical queries are managed in accordance with process and procedures.
• Carry out technical appraisals of project options. Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and station engineering staff as required.
• Prepare Engineering Changes and manage the preparation of supporting and affected documents.
• Prepare commissioning documents and act as test team leader where appropriate.
• Manage the delivery of assigned engineering tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures.
Typically, Chartered Engineer or HND Plus with 10 years’ experience in specific engineering discipline e.g., C&I, mechanical or electrical.
To the Project Manager for:
• Delivering allocated roles and tasks in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Project Procedures and within the approved project baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements.
• Early identification of issues and/or concerns that either have the potential or will impact the project baseline.
• Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance.
Approvals of the Project Engineer (Technical) in principle are as follows:
• Approval of technical reports, contractor’s documents and drawings within agreed limits and specifically excluding documents needing EDF technical review.
• Ensure that technical queries are approved within agreed limits.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act.
• Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of Quality Assurance documentation.
• Must be well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Suitable relevant project experience within engineering/construction projects, including the application of project management processes.
• Suitable relevant technical experience including the preparation of technical documentation, the review and approval of technical proposals and procedures, experience of construction, testing and commissioning activities.
• Experience of Engineering in a project and operational environment.
Leadership Competencies required
Safety - Safety is EDFs Number 1 priority; we must therefore always act in a safe, responsible manner. Whilst Safety is not a behavioural competence, it must underpin everything we do and the behavioural competency statements within this document should be read with this in mind.
• Business Acumen:
• Challenge and Change:
• Decision Making:
• Leadership Values:
• Building Relationships:
• Leading through Teamwork:
• Open Communication:
• Developing Self and Others:
• Achievement Orientation:
• Carry out on site duties which includes investigative work to confirm the plant is as per design which may involve duties such as visual plant checks, opening distribution boards and cabinets.
• Carry out light commissioning duties which may include duties such as tightening up flanges, transferring wiring cores in cabinets. For clarity, light commissioning does not include any activity that could be construed/interpreted as installation or construction activities or construction-related activities.
- A competitive reward package.
- Work life balance
- We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
- Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- International opportunities - As a 52,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 countries you will have access to international career opportunities.
For your peace of mind:
We offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection, life assurance and private medical benefit. - To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Note to applicants:
• This advert is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake. A full job description is available on request.
• Travel costs for non-local candidates are not paid.
• You may be expected to attend client site normal working hours Monday to Friday – 40hrs per week:
• Please provide a travel plan to Dungeness to undertake this role including salary expectation and current notice period in your cover Letter with your application
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com