Service Technician - Helper to Class II
EMCOR Services Aircond seeks a technician to assist in the maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and other related equipment as assigned. A Helper will work under the supervision of a senior level Service Technician. Class I will work with simple systems and possess a basic understanding of controls and electrical systems. Class II will work with simple refrigerants, circuitry, and air distribution systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Replace or repair compressor and condenser units.
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools.
- Join tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings, or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
- Repair or replace motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating-ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
- Repair leaks, leak test & add Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure on all systems.
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician's hand tools and test equipment.
- May repair and service air-conditioners, ranging from one or more tons cooling capacity.
- Professionally maintain company provided tools and vehicles.
- Work safely, drive safely and courteous, reports safety hazards, and make suggestions to improve safety.
- Maintain good attendance and productivity.
- Possess good time management, organizational and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Demonstrate commitment, dedication, cooperation, positive teamwork, flexibility and adaptability while in the workplace.
- Will pick up parts and other equipment from parts warehouse as needed and requested.
- Will sweep, clean, remove trash and perform other general maintenance tasks in assigned work areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
HS Diploma or GED required and one or more years of commercial/industrial HVAC experience as described in job overview. Must possess good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills to ensure effective teamwork and customer relations. Universal EPA certification is preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet MVR requirements to operate company vehicle. Must be available for some overtime, on-call, and weekend work especially during spring and summer.
Must possess good communication skills (verbal and written).
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Must possess basic math skills. Ability to perform these basic operations using units of American money and weight measurement, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes complex written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver’s License and Class I and II certification required.
Must be able to climb ladders, lift and carry 50 or more pounds, distinguish colors for electrical work, use hand tools and tolerate confined spaces. Work will involve heights and seasonal temperature extremes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required while performing tasks.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled