The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
Our ANZ Rail Centre of Excellence business is renowned for our technical consulting and project delivery expertise. We have a strong project pipeline and as we continue winning work, we are seeking to appoint a Principal Project Manager - Rail.
Based in Auckland, the purpose of this newly created and highly influencing role, will be to provide engineering design and project leadership on a variety of complex multidisciplinary programs. You will be instrumental in delivering projects that exceed both client and Jacobs’ expectations whilst developing and implementing innovative initiatives to maintain our market leading status in the rail sector.
A key attribute of the successful candidate will be the ability to foster inclusive behaviours to achieve industry leading and innovative business outcomes in the rail sector. Additional remit in the role:
- Business development: identify and evaluate pursuits, lead proposal efforts and interview teams
- Serve as the Project Manager or Design Manager on large, complex rail projects
- Build an enhanced culture of design delivery, commercial expertise and innovation
- Drive a commercial orientation throughout the operations function, emphasising the strategic, efficient and effective use of resources
- Extensive knowledge of rail transport operations, associated legislation and organisational governance principles relating to the Rail Industry
- Experience leading major and multidisciplinary rail projects, with a strong preference for those with experience working in a D&C/Alliance delivery environment
- Specialist skills providing leadership and strategic direction to deliver outcomes within a complex commercial and customer-oriented environment
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
- Business Development
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Engineering Design Process