To reinforce our Engineering Department located in Welkenraedt, Belgium
(close to Aachen - Germany), we are looking for a:
Product ENGINEER – New PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT (m/f)
In this Role, you will manage all engineering activities linked to the development of Scroll Compressors for European Residential Comfort Market. You will be involved in all phases of the Emerson Process from idea generation till final product implementation in our manufacturing lines
- Definition (& follow up) of program timing and main milestones.
- Evaluate compressor design/features required to meet market & customer requirement.
- Work in collaboration with our design/analytical team to generate prototype design
- Supervise prototype testing in our lab (including hardware supply, test plan definition, prototype build, results analysis & problem solving)
- Liaise with supply chain department to ensure final parts meet functional requirement and cost target.
- Coordinate with regulatory advisor for product certification & compliance with all relevant European standards
- Validate final design through pilot build and final reliability test
You will work in an international environment (EU, Asia and US) & cross functional teams (Quality, Manufacturing, Procurement, Marketing) where most of engineering disciplines (mechanical, thermodynamic, electrical, electronics, lubrication, sound, materials) are interacting
URL blocked - click to apply
- URL blocked - click to apply
- You are offered a permanent contract in a people-oriented company with a great work-life balance & a competitive salary package in line with your skills, including several extra-legal advantages.
- Holds an engineering or industrial engineering degree
- A first working experience, preferably in HVAC or rotating machinery, is a strong asset, but not mandatory.
- Flexible, well organized and open-minded
- Able to work in an autonomous manner and to take initiatives
- Passion for technology and development
- Knowledge of various Manufacturing Processes
- Knowledge in electronics and/or data analytics is a plus
- Is fluent in English; other EU language is a plus - Good communication skills
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Prototype (Manufacturing)
- Positive Attitude
- Supply Chain Management