Who We Are
Just Energy is a consumer company focused on essential needs, including electricity and natural gas; health and well-being, such as water quality and filtration devices; and utility conservation, bringing energy efficient solutions and renewable energy options to consumers. Currently operating in the United States and Canada, Just Energy serves both residential and commercial customers. Just Energy is the parent company of Amigo Energy, Filter Group Inc., Hudson Energy, Interactive Energy Group, Tara Energy, and terrapass. Senior Database Administrator Mississauga and/or Canada Remote
Provide operational support and database design of databases at a senior level, reporting to a team lead. The majority of the work would center on SQL Server environment. Responsibilities include design, plan, and build new database systems and ensure the consistent, efficient operation of existing database systems. Lastly, the position will require contribution to the on-going efforts of IT/IS to maintain high system availability and optimum performance and provide on-call off-hours database support on a rotational basis.
This role is responsible in assisting with the researching, designing, planning and coordinating the database infrastructure upgrades, enhancements, improvements and/or newly required service deployments and providing support to the IT Services team. This position assists with the plans, analyses and optimizes the database infrastructure, identifies database infrastructure change control factors, participates in testing the changes & compiles test data for service deployments, prepares detailed documentation and database infrastructure diagrams. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience in Hybrid Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019) environment on-prem and on Azure.
- Experience in managing other DB technologies i.e mysql, PostgreSQL on AWS would be a plus, but not a requirement.
- On prem and cloud database migration and management expertise.
- Must have experience in Powershell, TSQL Coding, or other automation languages such as C#, .Net scripting with minimal supervisions or support from other folks.
- Experience in automating Azure cloud plate form using ARM templates, Runbooks.
- Implementation experience with converting native backups to Veeam or similar backup suites and create automations using Powershell, where possible to lower the operational work.
- Help DBA team troubleshooting a critical performance issues or point in time recovery scenarios.
- Must have experience in Performance Auditing, Optimizing / Tuning, Monitoring, Troubleshooting all plate forms (on-prem and cloud).
- Able to effectively communicate and collaborate with server, storage and network infrastructure teams, in the implementation of database-server migrations/upgrades and resolution of infrastructure-related issues
- Knowledgeable in the terminology and practices of infrastructure teams.
- Proactively identify and rectify security issues, and ensures SOX/PCI/GDPR compliance in database environment.
- Working with development to recommend enhancements to facilitate improved database performance
- Explains and coaches others on the end-to-end automation/deployment process.
- University degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related
- 5-8 years of experience in database infrastructure services including production support, planning, Designing and Implementations
- Cloud experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon platform is a MUST.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and technical trouble-shooting skills mandatory
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are absolutely essential
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in technology, with strong demonstrated experience in adapting to different technologies
- Experience in database capacity planning
- Knowledge of SQL Server internals beneficial
- Microsoft certification to latest release and to cloud is beneficial
- Some minimal experience in Oracle 12c administration would be beneficial.
- Working experience to AWS and Azure plate form and migration of Onprem to Cloud.
- Knowledge/minimal experience with SAN storage and infrastructure security, Kerberos Authentication will be plus.
- Working experience with 3rd party tools such, Remedy Force, SQLSentry, DPA and PS DBATools.
Just Energy offers a robust benefits plan for staff members, as well as Employee Assistance Programs that offer a wealth of tools and resources to enrich the employee experience. The company also provides a number of cost-free, self-development courses for those that wish to build on their skills and competencies. In addition, a variety of awards offer another opportunity to recognize and reward employees. We offer:
Just Energy is Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive compensation
- Performance based bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package from day 1 of employment
- Employee Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Work from home (WFH) Model *During pandemic
- Health and wellbeing tools and resources and more%26hellip;
- On Prem
- Capacity Planning
- Storage (Computing)
- Information Security
- Amazon Web Services