Kintec are currently recruiting for a Loss Prevention Lead Engineer to work on a long term residential contract in Doha, Qatar - working for an Oil and Gas Operator.
Position Title: Loss Prevention Lead Engineer
Working Schedule: Work hours per day:10 hrs./day
Work Days per Week:6 days/week
Contract Term: 24 Months
Part A: Job Specification
•Lead the Loss Prevention activities for North Field Expansion (NFXP) Offshore Project, ensuring technical requirements (e.g. Safety studies, calculations, datasheets, design etc.) fully comply with project deliverables and standardised processes and to provide support to NFXP Offshore Engineering Manager ensuring all aspects are delivered to the highest standards.
Reporting and Relationships
•Reports to NFXP Offshore Engineering Manager.
•Regular interaction with NFXP project teams.
•Frequent contact with Operations, SHEQ, and Engineering departments in client.
•Regular contact with contractors, vendors, and subcontractors.
•Occasional engagement with shareholder representatives.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
•This role conducts technical Loss Prevention evaluations of an EPC Project, including risk based evaluation of complex technical issues, which may have a significant commercial impact on project execution, ensuring they are compliant, technically qualified and consistent with project requirements.
•Provides visible safety leadership through active participation in the NFXP Offshore Project Safety Program.
•Required to contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks whilst providing expertise in specialised area.
•ToFA not applicable
Generic Accountabilities - All Employees
Safety Health & Environment
•Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies, regulations and standards.
•Contribute to the development of Qatari employees. This accountability is a condition of employment for expatriate employees.
•Ensure all activities undertaken comply with anti - trust and competition laws and the Company firewall policies and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Leads the Loss Prevention activities to ensure that the Contractor's Loss Prevention Facilities Engineering, comply with the Contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the Contractor to promote compliance.
2. Leads the development of Contractors Loss Prevention design, safety studies, design philosophies, safety workshops(HAZID,ENVID,ALARP,Bow-Tie etc.) safety layout drawings, calculations and other general Loss Prevention deliverables.
3. Plans and schedules the Loss Prevention deliverables to enable efficient project execution, ensuring technical alignment and compliance with client operational policies, standards of business conduct and project management system.
4. Leads key design workshop and ensure that Loss Prevention recommendations are correctly implemented and actions closed before the end of EPCI (Lessons Learned, Value Engineering, HAZID,ENVID,ALARP, HFE, QRA etc.).
5. Leads the development of Contractors Design Safety case to demonstrate hazards have been identified and Topsides facilities are safe for intended operation.
6. Provides input and engages other Topsides engineering disciplines, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) , Pipeline engineering, SMEs and others as required.
7. Supports NFXP Offshore Engineering Manager in monitoring the Contractor's progress on delivery of the required Loss Prevention deliverables
8. Ensure compliance with management of change procedures for changes in the Contractors design or deviations from the Company directives and ensures endorsement of Technical deviations to Company specifications when required.
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
•Preferred degree in Engineering or Internationally recogonized certification in loss Prevention.
Knowledge and/or Experience
•15 years of experience in discipline with preferred at least five years demonstrated senior engineering experience in major capital projects
•Experience with Offshore EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry
•Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people in a multi-cultural environment.
•Recognized as a teamplayer.
Technical and Business Skills
•A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
•Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications
- Value Engineering