Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The Pipeline Integrity Engineer leads the pipeline integrity efforts and programs for assigned pipeline systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement the written Integrity Management Programs; as well as the standards and procedures to support the IMP for all pipeline assets.
- Identify additional preventive and mitigative measures, determining the re-assessment interval and re-assessment methods through participation in Informational Analysis processes.
- Provide Engineering support for Pipeline Integrity Projects including welding calculations, material selections, determination of required hydrostatic test pressures, MOP/MAOP calculations, calculation of set points for pumps, compressors and other pressure control devices to ensure MOP/MAOP is not exceeded, evaluation of defects and recommend appropriate repairs.
- Evaluate Integrity Assessment Results to determine need for temporary pressure reductions and the need for repairs and repair method.
- Initiate and track temporary pressure reductions associated with Pipeline Integrity Activities.
- Provide input to new construction pipelines and due diligence to support Pipeline Integrity efforts.
- Incorporate newly operated assets into the IMP.
- Complete performance measure.
- Provide input to annual budget.
- Communicate with key internal and external personnel to resolve project specific issues related to project documentation.
- Provide engineering guidance to vendors performing work on the assigned pipeline assets.
- Stay current with the pipeline regulations, industry standards, integrity assessment methods, repair methods, etc.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required; Mechanical, Chemical, Metallurgy degree is preferred.
- Professional Engineering registration and NACE certification is preferred.
- A minimum of 3-years experience in pipeline engineering or equivalent experience is recommended.
- Experience in pipeline design, operations, and maintenance, a detailed understanding of pipeline defect evaluations and repair is required.
- Technical knowledge and work experience in pipeline risk management and analysis is required.
- Working knowledge of the various Federal and State pipeline regulations including Integrity Management regulations is required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work both independently and with others in the organization.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well with office and field based employees as well as regulatory agencies.
- Must have the ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Reach overhead for items, stoop, bend and twist while working. Other physical activities include seeing, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision necessary to prepare and analyze data, operate and computer and read.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically up to 25% of the time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Experience with tools and technologies such as Azure, Power BI, Spotfire, Relational SQL databases, Visual Basic, coding and scripting languages (Python, Java, C , R, etc.) is encouraged.
- C (Programming Language)
- Data Analysis