is a retail energy provider specializing in electricity and natural gas commodities and bringing energy efficient solutions and renewable energy options to customers.
Currently operating in the United States
, Just Energy serves residential and commercial customers. Just Energy
is the parent company of Amigo Energy, Filter Group Inc., Hudson Energy, Interactive Energy Group, Tara Energy
, and terrapass
. Visit [ Link removed ] to learn more. Overview
We are looking for an experienced Canadian Tax Manager
to join our growing Tax Team. This role has primary responsibility over the Canadian tax compliance process and tax accounting function across Just Energy.
The Tax Manager will assist with any tax matters associated with enterprise initiatives, business transactions and tax projects. Location:
Toronto/GTA or Houston, TX Details
Provide leadership and expertise to ensure tax compliance in Canada including:
What we%26rsquo;re looking for
- Gather and prepare necessary documents and liaise with external service providers to prepare all corporate tax and information returns.
- Prepare all supporting analysis and documentation.
- Review direct and indirect tax returns for accuracy.
- Maintain a tax compliance calendar to ensure all returns are timely filed.
- Proactively and effectively support the management of tax audits and assessments by performing technical analysis and gathering documentation in support of the audit process.
- Manage the calculation and payment of all income tax installments.
- Prepare estimates of and monitor tax payments/refunds to assist Treasury with short and long-term cash tax forecasts.
- Responsible over Canadian tax accounts for financial reporting purposes to ensure activity and balances are reconciled and appropriately reflect the Company%26rsquo;s tax position and status.
- Responsible for the completion of the quarterly and annual Canadian and consolidated income tax provisions, financial statement note disclosures and supporting analysis.
- Prepare regular transfer pricing analysis, assemble the necessary documentation to support annual transfer pricing studies and liaise with external advisors to ensure completion of transfer pricing reports.
- Provide valuable insight and technical tax expertise assisting with enterprise initiatives, business transactions and tax projects.
- Participate in special projects/perform technical research as assigned by management.
- Staying up to date on developments in Canadian tax law and regimes that impact the organizational structure.
- Establish strong cross-functional working relationships with business units including Legal, Operations, Accounting, Business Development, Human Resources and Treasury to ensure tax risks are proactively identified and managed.
- Consistently monitor and evaluate the internal processes and guidelines to ensure efficiency and provide recommendations on optimizing and automating the tax function while minimizing tax risks.
- Lead by example demonstrating Just Energy%26rsquo;s core values on a consistent basis.
- Certified/Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA/CA) designation
- 5-10+ years of experience, including 3 to 5 years working with tax, preferably with international organizations operating in multiple jurisdictions.
- Solid Canadian corporate tax knowledge with understanding of cross-border tax issues.
- Thorough understanding of tax accounting under IFRS.
- Experienced working on multi-national public company tax provisions.
- Team player who will partner in the process.
- Strong professional communication ability (verbal and written) for a variety of audiences.
- Proven technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, self-starter with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work to deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Project management skills with proven ability to drive projects through to completion.
- Able to change direction in response to unexpected events or circumstances.
Thank you for your interest in Just Energy! We offer:
- Experience in the energy industry.
- Competitive compensation
- Performance based bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package from day 1 of employment
- Employee Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Work from home (WFH) Model *During pandemic
- Health and wellbeing tools and resources and more%26hellip;
- Financial Statements
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Income Tax