Job Title : SENIOR CHEF (Offshore)
Reference Code : OG-7001345
QP Facilities Management.
Please note this role is based at OFFSHORE locations and on a rotational work cycle.
Primary purpose of job
Reporting to Sr. Facility & Catering Services Supervisor, Senior Chef overlooks the food production, quality and quantity of raw materials, quality of final product, and efficiency of display and service of food & beverage. To ensure that Catering crew are familiar with the day's requirements, necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity and fair discipline is maintained. Ensures general cleaning/hygiene of kitchens.
1. Monitor food production to ensure highest quality products are produced and presented. Ensure the required recipes are followed by contractor. Taste the dishes while being produced and take corrective action when, required.
2. He ensures that store keeper at the location is maintaining a minimum of 21 days stock level and subsequently makes 21 days requisition. Verify quality and quantity of raw materials received at the production kitchen. Take decisions for suitable substitution of the rejected materials due to inferior quality or spoilage to avoid wastage and maintain quality. Ensure all the commodities are as per the brand list agreed in the contract.
3. Oversee the proper storage of raw fresh, chilled, frozen, dairy products and other material in appropriate temperatures, FIFO is followed, conditions (as per required segregation) etc. to maintain freshness, control/maintains record of validity of dry/packed food items in compliance with the HACCP standards.
4. Daily inspection of production facility & equipment to ensure the standards of cleaning / sanitization are maintained in all areas including pot-wash, chillers and freezers are well maintained and temperatures recorded on twice daily basis. He ensures contractor staffs are handling equipment fairly and misuses are avoided.
5. Plan and rotate menus for the clubs/ outlets / functions, banqueting, outdoor requirements and VIP/VVIP requirements by obtaining prior approvals. Incorporate feed backs from customers. Closely monitor the service in order to modify/refine menus for best customer satisfaction by incorporating customer feed backs. Report maintenance issues to Sr. Facility & Catering Services Supervisor related to the production facility and equipment. Assists the Sr. Catering Supervisor in the administration & operations within the scope of the existing catering contract with new ideas and menus to provide the highest standards of quality service.
6. Report maintenance issues to Sr. Facility & Catering Services Supervisor related to the production facility and equipment. Evaluate equipment availability/usage against requirement and raise requests for addition/removal as and when required.
7. Monitor efficiency of kitchen crew and report gaps to Sr. Facility & Catering Services Supervisor. Fill & submit reports, checklists etc. as required by Sr. Facility & Catering Services Supervisor.
8. Monitor and demonstrate cooking methods to the contractor if required, during the production to ensure the set specifications, consistency and quality control, presentation and taste for the dishes are produced prior to delivery.
9. Liaise with Sr. Facility & Catering Services Supervisor regarding buffet lay-outs, organizes spot/show-cooking and other related services at the outdoor locations and obtains customer feedback for the products served for improvement.
10. Plan and coordinate with Sr. Facility & Catering Services Supervisor in the day to day planning and organizing of food and beverage activities, functions, banquets, outdoor catering and other related requirements.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum five years experience as a Senior Chef/Sous Chef/Executive chef or on a similar position in a reputed Hotel or any organization in the Hospitality industry.
Experience in international cuisines and specialization in at least two of the cuisines.
• Should have hand on cooking experience in minimum, Arabic, Continental, Asian cuisine.
• Basic knowledge of MS office (MS excel, Word).
• Diploma/Degree in Catering or Hotel Management from a recognized Catering College or Institute. Should be able to speak and write English and preferably Arabic.