2 year residential contract with an oil and gas operator based in Qatar.
Part A: Job Specification
Provide Cable & Umbilical Engineering advice and support to North Field Expansion (NFXP) Offshore Project Management Team (PMT), by coordinating cable & umbilical engineering, fabrication, transportation, installation, pre-comm/comm, start-up and operation aspects of the project in relation to the Cable & Umbilical discipline to ensure technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule.
Reporting and Relationships
Reports to NFXP Offshore Head of Pipeline Engineering.
Regular interaction withHead of Pipeline Engineering, Engineering Manager, Project Manager Topside & STP NFXP Offshore, Project Manager Pipelines, NFXP Offshore team and other Major Project teams.
Frequent contact Engineering and other departments within Qatargas.
Regular interface with contractors, subcontractors, vendors and suppliers.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
Familiar with the latest International codes and standards related to Cable and Umbilical
Have extensive expert knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of the Cable and Umbilical function, design, manufacturing and operation including mechanical design, installation requirements, materials, fluid compatibility, pressure and temperature, etc.
Provide advice to the PMT in respect to safety, technical, integrity and operability aspects of the Cable & Umbilical and supervise EPCI contractors ensuring the delivery, installation and pre-comm/commissioing of the Cable & Umbilical are in accordance with company requirements, specifications and standards.
As defined for this job level in the Delegation of Authority and/or approved budget.
Generic Accountabilities - All Employees
Safety Health & Environment
Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies, regulations and standards.
Contribute to the development of Qatari employees. This accountability is a condition of employment for expatriate employees.
Ensure all activities undertaken comply with anti - trust and competition laws and the Company firewall policies and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Review and monitor Cable & Umbilical Fabrication schedule and progress, Field Design Changes, Concession Requests, Non-Conformance Reports and contractor design change or deviations from company directives ensuring compliance with industry code and management of change procedures.
2. Monitor Contractor's performance and provide advice as necessary to make certain Company's design philosophy and specifications are achieved by establishing clear communication with the contractor and monitoring contractor and vendor quality control effort.
3. Champion initiatives with the Contractor to deliver on the project objectives i.e. safety, quality, cost and schedule and review and monitor contractor's cable & Umbilical engineering construction effort making recommendations to Engineering Manager and Project Engineers as necessary.
4. Provide guidance and timely review on contractor's Cable & Umbilical designs and processes verifying fitness for purpose and compliance with contract requirements including codes and standards and ensure PMT or other technical support is available to address any gaps.
5. Support respective Offshore Package Managers in delivery of the Engineering and design of Cable & Umbilical systems and coordinate the field installation of the NFXP Offshore Topsides electrical and hydraulic systems, subsea valve controls providing start-up and commissioning support as required.
6. Promote inter-departmental communications and encourage teamwork through managing the cable & Umbilical engineering interface between Topside & STP and Pipeline Engineering and Operations, Drilling, Well Management, Jackets teams.
7. Provide technical support and advice to project procurement and construction activities and support NFXP Offshore Engineering Manager in monitoring the contractor progress on delivery of the required documents in the Cable & Umbilical engineering discipline.
8. Assist PMT in meeting QGPMS expectations as required by the Facility Design & Construction.
9. Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts in respective disciplines involved in delivery of the processes related to Cable & Umbilical engineering.
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent (Advance degree is preferred).
Knowledge and/or Experience
15 years' experience in the area of design, delivery, installation and pre-commissioning/commissioning of Offshore oil and gas cable & umbilical systems and processes for Topside and Pipeline facilities involving high pressure piping wellheads, mechanical and electrical equipment. Experience in major capital projects, with knowledge of worldwide contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, in particular those involved in the construction of major offshore facilities, and operating in a multi-cultural environment is preferable.
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)