EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: HVAC Technician I
Maintains, repairs, installs, inspects, and adjusts commercial and industrial HVAC systems. Supervises and directs the activities of other workers associated with HVAC system operation, repair, installation, etc. Also estimates, lays out, and schedules jobs. This position is first shift M-F with occasional on-call and overtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ability to read and understand system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components such as compressors, motors, pumps, fans, switches, controls, ducts, or pipes
Starts systems, observes operation, read gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as actuators, valves, controls, and pumps to control system operation.
Opens valves on equipment such as compressors, pumps, and condensers to prepare system for operation and starts equipment and auxiliary machinery.
Screws, bolts, rivets, welds, and brazes parts to assemble structural and functional components such as motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, and pipes.
Discuss system malfunctions with users to isolate problems. Installs wiring to connect components to electric power source.
Lubricates fans, motors, and control units. Replaces defective/worn parts.
Cuts, threads, gas welds, connects pipe to functional HVAC component systems.
Performs preventative maintenance work order according to schedule & tasking on HVAC equipment, i.e., spring & fall start-ups, cleaning coils and changing filters
Records temperature, pressure, and other readings on log sheet as needed.
Operates refrigerant recovery equipment, vacuum pumps charging equipment and service gauges
Dismantles malfunctioning systems and tests components.
- Attends classes and seminars on air conditioning components and system design to update skills.
Graduate of a certified technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years of HVAC experience in facility/plant engineering environment.
- Driver’s license
- Universal EPA/Refrigerant License.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
- Candidates will possess an intermediate knowledge of computers and software. Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Project, Email and Intranet use and JDE/Maximo CMMS are required.
- Must have ability to work with basic mathematical concepts including the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and solutions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must have ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Understand business implications of decisions; treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others'; follows policies and procedures and supports organization's goals and values.
- Associate must have experience and abide with OSHA guidelines including Lock-out/Tag-out and HAZCOM guidelines.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm in the face of the customer and subordinates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger or handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The chemical plant environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
- Vacuum Pumps
- Valves (Piping)
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)