Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
Safety is ingrained in everything you do, at work, at home, and at play. As you strive to set an example for your peers, you also lead others to become champions who continuously create a safer workplace for all. With your extensive background in gas processing facilities and engineering, you’re the ideal fit for our Process Safety Manager position.
Joining our Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) leadership team, you will ensure that all process and plant safety-related activities achieve the highest safety and industrial standards whilesupporting safe and reliable operations. This includes overseeing the continuous improvement and regulatory compliance of our Integrity Management Program for LNG.
Your abilities to create and communicate influential safety messaging will engage Executive Leadership, Operations crews, and external stakeholders alike. As our LNG business expands, your leadership will be critical forempowering others to embed process safety into all operations and development activities.
Safety is, and always will be, a core value of ours as we work towards realizing a greener energy future. Bring your expertise, your passion for safety, and join us in rethinking energy.
In year 1, you will:
In year 2, you will:
- Advance our LNG Facilities Integrity Management Plan to ensure compliance with Oil and Gas Commission audits.
- Lead an effective change management strategy to implement new Operations standards and practices.
What it takes:
- Establish and embed process safety practices into Operations and our Tilbury program to support the construction and operational handover of new assets.
- Support the organizational development and ensure ongoing compliance with the Oil and Gas Commission’s Integrity Management Programs for Facilities, and alignment with our internal Integrity Management Programs.
- A Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation and 10-15 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in gas processing facilities, preferably with a process engineering background.
- The ability to effectively communicate and liase with multiple layers of the organization, including Executive Leadership, Management, Operations, and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead change across teams and build support for process safety within various business units.
- A strong aptitude for working independently and adapting to a changing environment as the business develops and expands.
To view the detailed job description, click [ Link removed ] .
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees work remotely and some in office. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the [ Link removed ] page for additional information.