Local Unit & Position Description
The Senior Consultant Hydrogen Technologies and Value Chain will be part of a team of specialists focused on decarbonized gas in the energy transition. The team delivers a broad suite of services that offer ways to streamline and de-risk the development and implementation of new technologies and processes to support the complete hydrogen value chain – from production of both green and blue hydrogen, transportation, and storage, to its uses in various applications.
The team is part of a global DNV network of specialists in the hydrogen value chain and broader decarbonisation strategies for industry, transport and homes. It is an exciting time to join – the demand for our hydrogen services is growing rapidly as countries in Europe and beyond look to deliver their climate commitments, and you will have access to some of the world’s leading experts in this field.
Your tasks include:
- Develop and deliver technical solutions and services to customer challenges regarding the hydrogen value chain. This will include:
- Techno-economic feasibility studies
- Technical Due Diligence studies
- Technology and design qualification (e.g. system integration with renewables or asset conversion and compatibility with hydrogen)
- Lead and support the production of technical reports for customers, where possible identifying further business opportunities for DNV.
- Playing a (lead) role in targeted business development efforts through proposal development and fostering positive relationships with existing and new clients.
- Managing portfolio of clients in terms of projects, reports, presentations and deliverables.
- Actively contribute to service delivery as specialist and / or project manager.
- Manage and work on multiple projects to the satisfaction of the Manager/Project Sponsor (i.e. within the required timeframe, cost and quality standards).
- A combination of strong technical background with also an affinity for business development;
- Excellent analytical skills – able to analyse and understand complex problems and create logical solutions and ideas using domain knowledge and a range of techniques / theory and software / tools;
- Effective team player, both internally and externally;
- Self-starting in developing, maintaining and applying knowledge about current and notable market issues;
- Ability to manage own time and workload effectively and meet objectives;
- Creates trust through reliable delivery and strong and stable relationships with customers;
- Promotes a diverse and inclusive culture, respects and understands cultural diversity and can communicate and connect with people at different levels.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as chemical engineering, physics, mathematics;
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in the energy industry understanding technical challenges in the hydrogen value chain;
- Strong domain knowledge in any one or more of the following areas:
- Hydrogen value chain
- Green Hydrogen production
- Grey/Blue Hydrogen production
- Electrolyzers and electrolysis
- Fuel cells
- Gas processing
- H2 transportation and blending
- H2 usage in industrial sector
- H2 safety
- Fluent English Language Skills;
- Preferably Dutch language skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
A career in DNV is not just a job. It is an extraordinary opportunity to develop and enrich your life and make more of a global impact than you ever believed possible. Discover more here: [ Link removed ]
We have an enviable client list – we work with the biggest names out there. Our position enables us to lead the development in many industries. Whether we work with renowned companies, innovative startups or joint industry projects, you will get a chance to utilize your expertise together with specialists from a wide range of disciplines. It will all broaden your view and deepen your skills.
LEARN AND GROW
Our knowledge-based and digitally focused organisation will help you learn and grow. Be assured that it is not just something we talk about. Every year we invest 5% of our revenue on research, innovation and development. We also invest strongly in competence development and progression for our people. From on the job learning to joining networks, receiving coaching and participating in training programs, we help to support you progress.
MAKE AN IMPACT
Joining us is an opportunity to make the world a better place. Employees in DNV feel strongly about the company’s Purpose to 'safeguard life, property and the environment”. This is our reason for being since our foundation in 1864. Our Vision to be “a trusted voice to tackle global transformations”, gives our people direction and expresses what we would like to accomplish in the long term.
BE INSPIRED AND ENRICHED
You will be part of a culture that embrace the values of caring, daring and sharing. These are the three core values that shape our performance; We care for each other, our customers, our planet, and we take care of ourselves. We dare to explore, to experiment, to be different, and to be courageous, curious, and creative. We share our experience and knowledge. We collaborate with each other and our customers. We support social, sport and team building activities. As a result, we continue to thrive, grow and develop.
Our benefits package is specifically designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being:
Company & Business Area Description
- Receive a competitive compensation package.
- Get secured for the future with our pension scheme, profit share, health care benefits and wellness programs.
- Enjoy the flexibility to handle your work in a way that suits you and your lifestyle and achieve a good work/life balance.
- Great atmosphere of working together with professionals and some of the most engaged and knowledgeable people in the industry.
- Receive guidance from colleagues through coaching, mentoring and participating in international networks.
- Advance your professional skills and technical expertise, through individual competence development plans and tailored training.
- Develop your managerial skills, by going through our state-of-the-art leadership programs.
- Be part of a world growing and renowned organization with origins dating back to 1864.
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Hydrogen Production
- Due Diligence
- Feasibility Studies
- Proposal (Business)