You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Maintenance Supervisor opportunities in Brazil (offshore)
Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
[ Link removed ]
This posting has for objective to give ourselves the chance to work together, in the short, medium, or long term. SBM Offshore's active leadership position on the market, combined with our People Development and Succession Planning activities, requires us to be ready to onboard and mobilize our future Maintenance Supervisors as soon as a new vacancy opens!
- You are considering a new challenge in a few weeks, months, or even years? If you match the requirements below, APPLY NOW!
1) Engine Room Equipment and Systems and Utilities Operation and Maintenance
- Prepare Engine Room Plant and Systems for start-up, including vessel utility systems sourced from ER.
- Start and Monitor Engine Room Plant and Systems, including vessel utility systems sourced from ER.
- Prepare and Shutdown Engine Room Plant and Systems, including vessel utility systems sourced from ER.
- Isolate and reinstate Engine Room Plant and for Maintenance, including vessel utility systems sourced from ER.
2) Manage And Supervise Effectively
- Establish effective relationships with colleagues and subordinates.
- Establish the scope of work clearly (briefings, toolbox talks, presentations.)
- Plan and control the use of resources effectively. (Personnel, time, materials, transport, IT).
- Use of communication skills shows leadership (oral, teambuilding, recording, noting, handover, analyzing.
- Objective and consistent in the assessment of subordinates using a competence assessment system.
- Make recommendations and improvements in working practices and techniques for greater safety, efficiency, and profitability.
- Ensure all Maintenance (Routine and breakdown) is completed and recorded accurately and clearly
- Ensure all plant and machinery complies with Class and Inspections
3) Contribute to control of critical situations and respond to emergencies
- Developing critical situations (operational, weather, equipment failure, leaks, fires personnel, etc) are identified and logged for later analysis
- Positive action is taken to limit escalation and to maintain control using applied policies or procedures or initiative
- External agencies as appropriate are alerted in good time.
4) Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures
- Sample and check that controlled discharges from the area of responsibility to the environment are within prescribed limits
- Identify and halt unplanned discharges where possible, and reported immediately according to policy, procedure, and regulation.
- Equipment, waste, or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure
- Resources such as PPE materials tools and spares are not wasted or used inefficiently
5) Emergency Response
- Perform emergency response role
- Show competence during drills and exercises.
- STCW III/2 2nd Engineer Officer on ships powered by main propulsion machinery of 3,000 kW propulsion power or more (Steam / Motor / combined preferred)
- Certificate/National equivalent (DCEfor Petroleum/Gas as appropriate).
- At least 2 yrs as 1st Engineer (either on Steam or Motor Vessels).
- Fuel gas boiler firing experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- Medically fit with offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
- Personal: Conscientious, flexible, versatile, and determined. Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.
- Leadership: Good safety and supervisory leadership skills. Good levels of written and spoken communication in the English language. Clear understanding of personnel behavioral and team issues. Capable of motivating teams. Flexible in applying different approaches to changing work demands.
- Technical: Appropriate standard of technical, legal, and professional knowledge as defined by competencies.
- IT: Good familiarity with computerized maintenance recording systems. Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package. Operation and use of Internet and electronic mail system.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] . The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Drilling Operations
Job ID: 752480902