At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
This role may be responsible for the coordination, preparation and/or review of assigned federal, state and/or local tax returns, tax payments, and tax accruals, in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and established policies and procedures.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Prepares information for financial statements and regulatory filings.
- May coordinate preparation of annual tax budgets and maintain actual to budget variances, as assigned.
- Coordinates responses for internal and external audits of financial statements, regulatory filings, internal controls, and tax returns.
- Researches tax, accounting, or business issues related to assigned entities or projects, formulates, and provides recommendations to management.
- May allocate and plan various work assignments and/or projects, providing guidance where necessary.
- Problem solve, and ensure that the department meets its operational deadlines.
- May provide leadership on projects, including analyzing tax issues in connection with acquisitions, divestures, or new business opportunities; identifying potential tax opportunities; and analyzing the impact of new or proposed tax laws and/or interpretations.
- May coordinate with management in training of co-workers and dissemination of new or emerging issues or information.
- Reviews current processes and recommends and implements changes to procedures and processes.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
7 years experience in tax accounting, tax laws and general accounting practices and procedures and/or related experience, 6 years public accounting experience.
Other knowledge, skills, abilities and experience include:
- Knowledge of tax research methods with ability to interpret tax laws, prepare general tax research memorandums, and formulate recommendations for management.
- Ability to research complex issues, formulate and develop recommendations to management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with ERP software
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate the completion of multiple work assignments and/or projects, provide guidance where necessary, problem solve, and ensure that the project team meets it operational deadlines.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and training to others.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to motivate team members towards completion of work assignments.
- Ability to provide critical feedback and peer reviews for assigned work tasks.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below.
- Military service members and veterans with ranks from E5-E9, W1-CW5, or O3-O6, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined (above)
Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor or Master
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Preferred Disciplines: Tax, Accounting,Finance, Business
CPA, CMI or other appropriate certification preferred.Working Conditions
Office Work Environment 76 -100%Other Working ConditionsTest Description
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here [ Link removed ]
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Financial Statements