JOB TITLE: HR Supervisor – Operating Unit Dedicated
REPORTING TO: HR Manager 1.1 ROLE SUMMARY
The Human Resources Supervisor is the focal point for HR Advisors for all people and human resource activities related to the assigned organisation unit. Partnering with Heads, of Mangers and Functions HR Managers, delivering HR support for functions and fleet operations across the OU.
The Human Resources Supervisor supports HR Advisors to deliver a range of HR strategies, programmes and policies within the area. Supports the HR Manager to lead the OU HR strategy and Management Systems while supporting the continual growth and development of the OU HR Advisors. 1.2 HSSEQ
- Making sure that you and your teamwork safe every day, every hour and every minute, no exception.
1.3 JOB SPECIFIC Employee Life Cycle
- Compliance with Seadrill, regulatory and client requirements, including: the Seadrill Code of Conduct; and training, certification and competence requirements, promptly identifying, reporting and actioning non-compliance
- Supervise the overall delivery of operational HR activities, supporting HR Advisors in the consistent application of advice and guidance on Recruitment, Employment, Talent Management and Offboarding positively influencing and challenging people related decisions.
- Actively partner with Functions HR Managers, OU Function Managers and employees delivering HR advice on Recruitment, Employment, Talent Management and Offboarding (ref HR Advisor job description).
Business Partnering & Continuous Improvements
- Support the creation, development and continuous improvement of OU HR management systems and people strategies, collaborating with Managers to understand current and future needs, supporting alignment with Seadrill strategy to achieve objectives.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of HR programs providing feedback on local requirements and success of initiatives to ensure fit-for-purpose HR interventions
- Ensure proper support to Commercial and Operations Teams on HR data for tenders, respecting local requirements and following HR standard guidelines and templates
- Support the HR Manager in maintaining relationships with external stakeholders, such as; Drilling Operators, Third Party Vendors and Unions (where applicable).
- Support planning of fleet wide resources, identifying possible risks and opportunity in; attrition, rig activity level and contract change, succession and development gaps
- Utilise Seadrill data to provide insights for the business to support informed people related decision making
External Customers & Regulators
Guide and advise OU HR team on Seadrill compliance with local employment and applicable regulations.
- Focal point for HR legal issues for OU including compliance with regulatory and client requirements
Procedure and Cost Discipline
- Communicate and act as an ambassador of Seadrill policies and programs gathering support from HR CoE as needed.
- Focus on OU personnel related cost control and reporting on deviations to HR Manager to ensure continuous improvement of people strategy.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned or required.
1.5 QUALIFICATIONS Education
- As per Corporate and Regional Specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
- University degree in Business or Human Resource Management (or equivalent qualifications / experience)
- 3 plus years of HR experience as Senior Advisor, preferably in the drilling or related oil & gas industry, working with office and offshore/industrial workers
- Experience business partnering with managers on and senior stakeholders on complex HR lifecycle activities.
- Excellent time management and able to prioritise workload.
- Able to interpret and present data in a meaningful way to management.
- Experienced with using HR data systems and Microsoft Office suite software.
- Contribute to the One HR Team principle.
- Adaptable, capable of dealing with ever changing marketing and work scenarios
- Fluent English. Able to confidently speak, read and understand English
Below is a list of the behavioural competencies required for this role.
Drive and Ownership
- Demonstrate ambition
- Set clear objectives and work efficiently to achieve them
- Monitor and manage our own and others’ performance
- Are resilient and never give up (e.g. don’t get put off by setbacks or difficulties)
- Know how to get the best out of people
Change and Forward Thinking
- Translate high level strategies into day to day actions
- Encourage others to look for improvements (e.g. positive and open to new suggestions; ensure good ideas are progressed and implemented)
- Can relate to the whole company and take all relevant information into account when making decisions
- Innovate and are curious and creative (e.g. put forward new ideas)
Communication and Collaboration
- Create an immediate, positive and credible impact (e.g. speak with authority and conviction)
- Share knowledge and learning with others
- Encourage constructive discussions (e.g. give timely performance feedback; manage conflict)
- Can effectively ‘sell’ ideas to the team or others (e.g. clearly explain the logic and facts behind an argument)
- Show empathy and understanding towards others (e.g. recognize the impact of our approach on others and can adapt accordingly)
- Build strong personal relationships with our customers
- Anticipate our customers’ needs
- Manage time and resources efficiently to meet requirements
- Challenge standards and performance that are below the expected quality
Human Resource Management