Are you enthusiastic about project management? Can you manage large construction projects? Would you like to transform your skills, customer understanding and innovative solutions into effectively delivered projects? And are you able to deliver projects within scope and on budget? Then take a look at this exciting opportunity to develop your career at Vestas, a market leader in sustainable energy.
Construction is responsible for installing, commissioning and finally handover wind farms to our customers. Working closely together with the customer and other stakeholders is a key parameter to ensure this happens safely, cost efficient and with a high-quality standard.
It will be your responsibility to align and sign off the project scope with Sales and ensure that the Wind Turbine Installation projects are planned and completed within the scope of the contract, within budget, on time, and in the right quality. Customer relationship management, quality and cost control, safety, risk/benefit assessment and leadership towards the complete project team are key functions in this role.
Your main responsibility is to create, maintain and drive project execution balancing scope, budgets, resources and timelines - and to identify, document, escalate and mitigate project risks. Throughout the project it is important that you encourage safety behaviour and ensure adherence to regulations and standards on site. In addition, your responsibilities will cover to:
- Align and sign off project scope with Sales including support during the negotiation phase.
- Ensure that your projects are cost efficient for the benefit of the customer and to stay competitive in the market
- Align and balance requirements within product, production, installation and service requirements
- Be key contact for the customer after the handover from Sales, from handover to steering the resource planning and milestones needed for effective project execution
- Ensure continuous communication and update to all stakeholders using the agreed tools.
- Continuously evaluate project and work out lessons learned, both during project gates and after milestones and delivery
- Ensure that project planning corresponds with contractual agreements, follow up on changes and involve relevant legal resources
- Identify and utilise the correct construction technologies and guides ensuring that Vestas quality standards are met.
You will likely have a Bachelor's with potentially a Master’s degree within Engineering, Business Administration, Finance or similar. You could have a commercial background combined with technical understanding or a technical background combined with solid commercial understanding. In addition, you have:
- Project Management experience ideally from large scale construction projects or complex technical equipment in an international environment
- Experience with modular construction projects is advantageous
- Solid business insight/analytical skills and good understanding of the value chain
- Ability to keep the overview and think ahead, but also to appreciate the operational aspects
- Certified in project management tools e.g. Prince2, IPMA, PMI, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or similar is ideal
- Knowledge of modular development and new product introductions across a global value chain is a benefit
- Good IT skills and Experience with the Microsoft packages, SAP, BI or equivalent EPR knowledge
- Solid relationship management skills and ability to coach, motivate and direct people
- Customer focused and solution-oriented
- Significant abilities in taking a clear overview the financial aspects of projects and act on deviations
- Proven ability to work both freely and in teams in an environment with tight deadlines
- Open-minded and good at sharing and gathering information within a team
- Solid communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Willing to travel
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with significant opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, high performing and international work environment in the sustainable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
This position is located in either Dublin or Edinburgh. Travel will be expected across the region.
The closing date for this posting will be 9th February 2021.
For further information please contact Martin Whittle Talent Acquisition Partner +44(0)7515325141.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Coaching And Mentoring