Requisition ID: 138966
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Power Engineering (KPE) has an immediate opening for an Engineering Project Manager in our Engineering & Consulting Services group based in Lenexa, KS, USA. Our Engineering & Consulting Services group (ECS) is responsible for a variety of different markets, including our renewables markets (Solar, Wind, Hydrogen, Battery Storage), Carbon Capture market, Field Inspection Services, EV Charging, and other generation services projects. Selected candidates will be part of our rapidly growing Engineering team that is responsible for execution of all the markets detailed above. Engineering Project Managers at Kiewit are an integral part of our overall project management teams with direct access to Engineering and Construction leaders across the organization and an ability to impact all facets of project designs. Project assignments range from support of proposals and estimates to execution of design and construction support.
At Kiewit, Engineering Project Managers are responsible for administering and managing internal design teams including staff planning, budget forecasting, mentoring, and communicating engineering progress and challenges to Kiewit leadership. The Engineering Project Manager is expected to drive the team to meet project financial, schedule, and project objectives, consistent with Kiewit's standard operating procedures.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
We are a high performing team of engineers and designers that develop projects through the project life-cycle engaging exciting projects throughout North America. Our staff leads the power markets engineering process and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Overall management of the internal project design team(s)
• Has a detailed understanding of all contractual obligations for the project to ensure contract design requirements are met
• Facilitates effective communication between design and construction project leadership
• Communicates project design and performance status with Clients and permitting agencies
• Ensures proper coordination of technical details across multiple engineering disciplines
• Supports Business Development activities including RFP reviews, proposals, project estimates, engineering fee estimates, etc.
• Resolves conflicts that arise through partnering with design team, clients, and construction
• Supports construction priorities and ensures their implementation through the design
• Plans and communicates needs for Kiewit Engineering resources to support projects
• Manages and interprets data and results for multiple projects
• Responsible for meeting project engineering schedules and budgets
• Identifies current and future risks along with mitigation strategies
• Consolidates best practices from project execution
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related engineering degree
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in project management
• Ability to mentor technical staff and foster a team environment
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Development
- Coaching And Mentoring