Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
[ Link removed ]
This posting has for objective to give ourselves the chance to work together, in the short, medium, or long term. SBM Offshore's active leadership position on the market, combined with our People Development and Succession Planning activities, requires us to be ready to onboard and mobilize our future Instrumentation Engineers as soon as a new vacancy opens!
- You are considering a new challenge in a few weeks, months, or even years? If you match the requirements below, APPLY NOW!
- Perform Instrument Selection and Sizing calculations
- Develop Instrument Design Basis/Philosophy
- Prepare instruments specification, datasheet, IO list and index.
- Software: SPI (INtools) and Aveva Instrumentation.
- Procurement assistance for field instruments, safety & control valves, Packaged equipment (Power gen, compressors, etc.).
- Perform Engineering within stipulated time frame of the project. Coordinate with vendors, subcontractors, third party consultants, etc. to ensure timely review of documents and that comments are made with required quality level.
- Work with Engineers and Designers both within and outside the discipline to ensure instruments are selected, installed, and configured for optimum operation and accuracy.
- Engineering degree in Electronic, Automation or Instrumentation Technology.
- 5+ years relevant experience in the offshore Oil & Gas industry with specific experience on Controls and Instrumentation design for Offshore Oil and Gas facilities –Fixed Process Platforms, FPSO.
- Sound engineering knowledge in field instruments as well as control and shutdown systems. Excellent knowledge in selecting and specifying field instruments e.g. flowmeters, level instruments, control valves, shutdown valves, safety valves, analysers etc.
- Good knowledge on international codes & standards, including the offshore related regulations.
- Effective Team player, capable of working with Multi-National Clients and possess good communication skills
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). SBM Offshore provides floating production solutions to the offshore energy industry, over the full product lifecycle. The Company is market-leading in leased floating production systems delivered to date, with multiple units currently in operation, and has unrivaled operational experience in this field. The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation, and life extension of floating production solutions for the offshore energy industry. For further information, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] . The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.