We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
The Buyer position, reporting to Indirect Sourcing Manager will have to apply Sourcing Strategy for the commodity he works for and to support project operations at site level (support potential supplier scouting, define supplier selection criteria, finalizes contracts with suppliers - frame agreement - and places orders in close cooperation with projects or Supply Chain).
The role reports hierarchically to Indirect Sourcing Manager and functionally to Sourcing Commodity Manager.
Specific responsibilities of the role:
- Identifies and inventory project and business needs
- Consolidates needs with Commodity Manager
- Defines commodity strategy with the Commodity Manager
- Implements commodity strategy
- Define RFQ structured packages in collaboration with field operation team
- Negotiate offer and contracts with right focus on key cost drivers
- Negotiates cost reduction with suppliers and manages Savings for his Commodity
- Participates to panel elaboration
- Insures QCD achievement
- Contributes to supplier performance reviews
- Places orders for projects on his sites
- Supports Domain Director and Commodity Manager in tender phase
- Commits on work package sheet with validation of the Commodity Manager and the Domain Director
- Closely works with the Supply Chain department for issues generated by the sourcing department
- Closely works with the Supplier Quality department for issues generated by the sourcing department
- Manages return of experience and gives feedback to the Commodity Manager and all stakeholders
- Manages initial issues before escalating to Commodity Manager
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Result oriented
- Energy & drive
- Well organized
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- High work ethics
Previous experience : Operational dealing within installation environment, complex technology projects that needs installations and commissioning (ideal provenience: railway, oil & gas, energy, civil or infrastructural works).
Technical Skills :
- Contract management
- Legal awareness
- Project experience
- Installations or Project management experience
Education : Business school or Engineering degree with Master
Language skills : English and French are mandatory. Dutch or German is an asset.
Tavels: Job will be located in Charleroi. International travelling is required for supplier- and team meetings
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Agile Methodology
- Business Requirements
- Contract Management