As a Structural Engineer, you will evaluate the desired goal of the system and develops, designs, or selects the required equipment, piping, structures and earthwork to achieve the goal. Perform calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for industrial and applications. Your role may include support of Design and Procurement but would focus on the overview of the Subcontractor and the immediate construction of the project. This position is client facing with an emphasis on ensuring Schedule, Cost, Scope and Safety for the Spent Fuel Handling Project near the Naval Reactors Facility at Idaho National Lab. You will participate in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects. Additional duties may include
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- May direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering required
- 5 or more years of relevant engineering experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Professional Engineering registration or ability to obtain within 6 months
- NQA-1 understanding/experience
- Some experience on similar DOE or Large construction projects.
- Thorough knowledge of Engineering and construction practices, and the ability to read and interpret plans and specifications and technical submittals for compliance.
- Working knowledge of computer software systems for processing Submittals, includes Microsoft office suite and Databases
- Ability to maintain continuous communication with the Contract Manager, Project Controls Manager, Senior Engineer(s), and Client personnel.
- Must be able to walk long distances over potential rough terrain in all types of typical weather conditions.
- The ability to climb stairs and ladders to inspect work is also required.
- Exposure to weather elements while in the field is expected.
- USA citizenship is required for security clearance. (No dual citizenship)
- Ideal candidate would have up to 5 to 15 years of work experience
- N690 nuclear structural steel
- DOE project experience
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction Training
- Someone already residing a commutable distance from the Naval Reactors Facility at Idaho National Lab area to make the commute daily is preferred.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights. At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
The work location for this position is approximately 55 miles from Idaho Falls. Must take and pass a pre-employment drug and background check.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ]
- Submittals (Construction)
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Contract Management