Responsible for completing accounting activities related to accounts receivable. Responsibilities include completing large volumes of accounting activities related to accounts receivable in a timely manner, following Standard Accounting Policies & Procedures and ensuring that Shared Services Customers are responded to in an accurate manner.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure the all receipts have been created by the system
• Apply payments to client accounts or GL accounts after proper research
• Research and clear unidentified payments and account payments assigned
• Initiate collections follow up as per established thresholds
• Adjust entries for payments / invoices as requested through AR forms
• Maintain the Receivable information in the system
• Support BUs for “on-account receipts” and “unallocated receipts”: ensure the automatic reconciliation with late remittance advice is perfomed correctly, manually reverse receipts on demand of the BU’s
• Identify issues, resolve or escalate them
• Customer information maintenance
• Identify areas of improvement
• Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
• Associates or BSBA degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration
• Zero to three years experience in accounting
• Experience working with an ERP system
• Knowledge, insight and experience in (financial) administrative (accounting) processes
• Basic computer skills (Word, Excel)
• Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
• Financial Acumen: Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
• Plans & Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with the organizational goals.
• Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of the different audiences.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.