SUMMARY OF ROLE
In this position the Field Sales Engineer, FLMC ( Fluid & Motion Control) is responsible for all sales activities in process industry segment of Fluid Control & Pneumatics business to achieve the agreed Sales, Bookings, Gross Profit and strategic targets for the agreed product lines and services in the agreed sales territory.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify the market requirements and specifics, develop and execute the strategies and tactics for growth of orders and profitability within customers in the agreed sales territory.
- Actively promote and sell Fluid Control and Pneumatics Business and BU offerings including products, solutions and services in the process industry segment.
- Actively visit existing and new potential customers, especially Oem’s to promote the assigned product lines, entire product portfolio of Fluid Control & Pneumatics and services.
- Seek new opportunities to sell assigned products and services to new customers and industries.
- Negotiate with Customer relevant Business Contracts within the agreed Delegation of Authority – including discount, price and volume structures.
- Drive sales and proposal strategies with the sales support organization.
- Maintain a project opportunity list for the assigned sales area in the associated tools.
- Maximize both “face to face time” and other communication possibilities (telephone, e-mail, etc).
- Oversee, ensure and personally support the execution of committed contractual terms to customers in all business transaction.
- Continuously drive the improvement of customer satisfaction by understanding, communicating and executing solutions to their needs.
- Participate in customer development activities as trade shows, fairs, conferences aiming to promote the sale of products, solutions and services of the Fluid Control & Pneumatics business unit in Turkey.
- Maintain and continuously develop high level of products and technologies knowledge required to perform the job.
- Report regularly to the direct supervisor on market trends, competition strategies and customer behaviors which may affect the Emerson business strategies.
- Report on quotation & project potential through POR and other reporting mechanisms.
- Observe the “Business Ethics” stipulated by Emerson.
- Practice and promote the “Think Customer” culture in all aspects of the role.
- Ensure that all transactions are properly screened and recorded in accordance with the company’s Trade Compliance procedures and escalate any concerns or questions to the local Gatekeeper.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Supervisors.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering degree
- At least 5 years sales experience in process industry segment.
- Strong PC user.
- Very good knowledge of valves & actuators, machine Automation and IIot experience.
- Solution Sales experience would be a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be an action oriented, self motivated, results driven sales person.
- Be a team player willing to work with other sales people in the region and globally.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to travel in the region and international.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson .
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Market Trend
- Solution Selling
- Sales Engineering
- Customer Satisfaction
- Self Motivation