An opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Operator manufacturing and production site based in Segensworth, Fareham. This client specialises in the production of banking and payment cards.
This vacancy is available on a double day shift pattern (6am-2pm Mon-Friday and 2pm-10pm Monday to friday alternated weekly. The role of the successful candidate will involve being part of the team responsible for fulfilling the day to day requirements of the Warehouse department.
A week in the life of a Warehouse Operator:
• You will work with members of the various departments by ensuring good communication and that the team is helpful and efficient at all times.
• You will control all physical stocks of materials used within the division.
• You will ensure accurate control, distribution & recording off all requested stock.
• You will ensure adequate supplies of all materials are available to shift operators outside of normal daily hours of work.
• You will maintain all warehouse areas in a clean and tidy condition.
• You will report immediately if any goods fail to meet quality standards, or are damaged in any way to the Quality Department.
• You will assist in stock checks as and when required.
• You will maintain strict control of all security items and liaise with Security Department on all aspects relating to these items. If any discrepancies become apparent report immediately to the Security Department.
• You will operate the forklift trucks as and when required.
• You will maintain and follow all Health, Safety and Environment Procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• To succeed at this job, you must have a full UK driving licence, have the ability to work at heights, and due to the frequent use of Fork Lift Trucks you must attend training and medical assessments where necessary.
• You must be fluent in English.
• We would like someone to join our team who is a good communicator, has the ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative, should be able to work efficiently with minimum supervision, and is accurate and has attention to detail. You must be well organised, with the ability to prioritise workload, meet tight deadlines & be PC literate.
• Forklift license is desirable
If this position if of interest, please contact Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516
- Attention To Detail
- Forklift Truck
- Hardworking And Dedicated