Are you interested in new technology and have an electrical, mechanical or hydraulics background? Do you enjoy working with your hands and bring solutions to technical problems? We are looking for Service Technicians on several locations around Belgium. At Vestas you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and to be part of the journey in contributing to a greener world.
Sales > SBU NCE > BNL
Vestas Benelux is a Sales Business Unit with its main office in Arnhem (Netherlands) and is responsible for the Sales, Construction and Service of Vestas wind turbines in the Netherlands and Belgium. Our Benelux organisation has approximately 150 employees, most of them Service Technicians working in the different regions. In the main office there're approximately 60 employees employed.
The objective of the Onshore Technician (f/m) role is to assemble, make operational, ready to operate and maintain the wind turbines under contract to the employer, so that they operate efficiently and effectively to make a maximum contribution to the operating result, with maximum customer satisfaction.
- Performing (preventive) maintenance, periodically checking and testing the operation of the wind turbines (or components), in accordance with current rules or work instructions
- Troubleshooting and, where possible, repairing failures
- Assembling components and main components according to current rules or work instructions, if necessary, making use of internal or external cranes
- Doing various electrical and mechanical works (e. g. electrical connections, failure analysis and maintenance, assembly and maintenance of mechanical parts)
- Submitting requests to the planner of materials & services for specialists, after consultation with the foreman in your region, and ensuring that any allocated staff comply with the prescribed procedures, work instructions and rules relating to quality, working conditions, safety, the environment and engineering
- Cooperating on workplace inspections at worksites and offering on-site support with specialist projects and offering support to suppliers
- Administrative duties, compiling service reports including keeping a record of the materials used per turbine, etc.
- Experience and/or degree within electricity and/or mechanics. You are also eager to develop your skills within these areas
- Hydraulic experience is an advantage
- Professional experience in this area
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- Very good knowledge of English, Dutch knowledge would be a big plus
- Driver's license class B/B-E
- Willingness to travel, nationally and internationally
- Comfortable with working at heights
- Safety awareness
- Open and friendly attitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills
What we offer
We offer a challenging job, an excellent learning environment and opportunities for career development at the world's leading wind turbine manufacturer. You will become part of a highly professional environment in a growing industry. An attractive salary and benefits package are included.
Living in the area Maldegem, Belgium (maximum 50 km) or willing to relocate within the country.
Please submit your application in English online on our career portal– thank you.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at [ Link removed ] and follow us on our social media channels
- Customer Satisfaction
- Electrical Connections