Do you want to help change the world?
Enphase Energy is using the innovation that made us the world leader in microinverter technology to transform energy generation and management forever.
We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic Energy Systems Companies in the world. By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart and safe - increasing the energy harvest of solar systems by up to 25 percent. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and as a result, changing the solar industry itself.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented new graduates that will assist with the design, development, and manufacturing of next generation energy technologies.
Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
The Failure Analysis Engineer will conduct hardware failure analysis of next-generation Enphase products, supporting the reliability and development teams. The candidate’s core responsibility will be to analyze failed samples from accelerated testing (electrical, thermal, humidity) to understand failure mode, failure mechanism, and root case. The engineer will also recommend and validate suitable corrective actions and novel testing protocols that improve the reliability of our next-generation technologies.
- Lead Failure Analysis engineer of EnPower products.
- Support for Storage and Inverter technologies.
- Work with product design group to identify predictive tools/information to diagnose symptoms prior to product failures
- Timely analyze failed units (reliability and manufacturing) to find root cause and validate preventive actions, in order to ensure the optimum quality performance and reliability.
- Produce FA test reports (by collecting, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing, and displaying data) to be used for communicating issues and root causes to others.
- Develop innovative methods to identify critical failure modes and prevent/fix prior to new product launches.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support cross functional teams to perform DFMEA in early life cycle phase and recommend design changes.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS/MS in EE or equivalent. MS is preferred
- Cumulative 1+ year experience with internships or Capstone-like projects in electrical design, reliability, or failure analysis.
- Experience with power supplies, inverters, connectors or solar power.
- Proven ability to apply scientific problem-solving techniques with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members, a good team player
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Attention To Detail
- Failure Analysis
- Photovoltaics (Pv)
- Predictive Analytics