We Are Sempra: Advancing a Better Future for All
As a premier energy infrastructure company serving 36 million consumers in North America, Sempra embraces its role as a leader in advancing a net-zero future. At Sempra, you can help shape a better future for our communities and our planet, alongside a workforce of 19,000 talented teammates. As an equal opportunity employer, Sempra is proud to bring together people with diverse perspectives and experiences. The company is consistently recognized for its sustainable business practices and long-standing commitment to building a high-performing culture focused on safety, workforce development and training, and diversity and inclusion. Sempra is the only North American utility sector company included on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and was also named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for 2021 by Fortune Magazine. Join us as we collaborate in providing cleaner, safer and more reliable energy to our customers and communities.
Assist the Investor Relations program through proactive daily contact with the financial community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Promotes strong long-term relationships with investors serving as a credible spokesperson to the financial community.
* Responds to questions and surveys from the financial community.
* May participate in meetings with institutional investors and potential investors.
* Helps create the formal presentation and associated script that senior management delivers to the financial community.
* Reviews preliminary analyst reports on the company and provides timely feedback to the authors.
* Gathers data and intelligence from the financial community on their perceptions of the company and industry trends.
* Determines and recommends the significant results and trends to be discussed and presented at meetings with the financial community.
* Prepares fact sheets on significant events and regulatory activities.
* Maintains the Investor Relations portion of the Sempra Internet home page.
* Continually updates and revises the homepage to reflect the most timely information and to improve its effectiveness and appearance.
* Coordinates and prepares department budget and reports on monthly variances.
* Supports the shareholder services effort by responding to difficult shareholder inquiries and assisting in the completion of monthly shareholder reports.
* Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required.
* CPA, CMA, MBA and/or other professional certifications/advanced degrees preferred.
* 5+ years previous experience or equivalent training and/or experience.
Skills and Abilities:
* Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
* We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
* Strong computer/presentation skills are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Business Administration