This role is responsible in providing software development support for the Integrated Business Information Systems group in the areas of windows, SharePoint, web and database programming, application administration and maintenance.
Duty 1: Project Support
• Attends scope reviews to learn what the project request is all about.
• Assists the Sr. Developer in gathering, analyzing and clarifying customer requirements; uses technical knowledge to gauge complexity of the request
Project Planning and Design
• Performs research and analysis to validate if the detailed solution is the best fit to meet the requirements
• Creates process maps, user journey maps or application/database design using standard project templates
• Creates prototypes, mock-ups using standard project templates and tools for projects without wireframes.
• Creates project scope and timeline for small applications. In case of differences, negotiate with clients for small applications
• Provides own work estimates and can negotiate turnaround time within the team. Informs the project lead on changes.
• Encodes documentation using standard project templates; stores and organizes the documents to the team’s repository.
• Writes code based on specifications defined (i.e. UI, back-end coding); Participates in cross-functional testing and peer reviews.
• Troubleshoots and optimizes codes of other team members and resolves code conflicts.
• Creates coding standards and design guidelines or any development related improvement
Develops complex modules or advanced functionalities
Project Testing and Deployment
• Creates test cases to be used during UAT
• Implements the necessary fix or improvement for advanced functionalities based on the UAT results
Duty 2: System Support & Maintenance
• Troubleshoots and fixes major bugs/defects and assists associate developers in making sure issues/requests are resolved appropriately and on time (advanced bug/defects: loss of data, server errors, logical errors, unexpected app behavior)
• Documents issues and corresponding fix to the team’s tracking tool
Duty 3: Continuous Improvement and Innovation
• Identifies continuous improvement project ideas
• Records and reviews/assesses the improvement/innovation raised by the business unit