Nous créons des innovations intelligentes pour relever les défis de la mobilité d’aujourd'hui et de demain. Nous concevons et fabriquons une gamme complète de systèmes de transport, des trains à grande vitesse aux bus électriques et trains sans conducteur, en passant par les solutions d'infrastructure, de signalisation et de mobilité digitale. Nous rejoindre, c’est intégrer une communauté internationale de plus 75000 personnes qui se consacrent à la résolution de problèmes de mobilité concrets et à la réalisation de projets internationaux ayant un impact local durable.
The job holder reports directly to the Tender and Project Services Manager.
Network & links
The job holder will liaise and work with his/her peers of the Services Tendering Network, with the Customer
Directors, with Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Safety, Finance and Transport Tender Control.
Contacts are internal & external.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
• To prepare bids according to Alstom internal Process, and Services strategy and solutions, customer
requirements and the Regions Bid Strategy.
• To ensure that all bids submitted are in line with the QCD objectives.
• The Services Bid Manager will be dedicated to tenders for Services, including tenders for
modernization or maintenance of rolling stock
OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SHORT TERM OBJECTIVES
For all tenders the Bid Manager is in charge of:
• Prepare and ensure that the tender documentation is completed and delivered on time to
customer (internal or external)
• Ensure that the quality of the tender is according to Alstom standards, customer requirements, and
Services strategy and solution
Ensure that Alstom Transport processes are applied (Tendering, Finance, …)
• Obtain and validate the commitment of all contributors involved in the tenders, including sourcing,
repair and spares department, participating units and department heads
• Consolidate tender costing based on all contributors commitments and prepare pricing schedule to
• Report to Services Tender and Project Manager weekly updates and contributes to the
consolidation of tender reporting (tender dashboard and of the tendering indicators)
• Establish the tender budget of all tenders he/she is in charge, obtain validation from the Region
and guarantee the mastering of expenses
• Facilitate the smooth functioning of the tendering team (Bid Manager, Systems Engineer, Solution
• Guarantee the confidentiality of tender data
MEDIUM / LONG TERM GENERIC OBJECTIVES
• Contribute to build on return of experience in order to
• Improve tender submission time
• Improve the reliability of costing/ Pricing
• Improve re-use of tender documents
• Develop customer portfolio by proposing spontaneous offers adapted to Belgian customers
• Have a good understanding of the needs of the customer being tendered.
• Motivate and co-ordinate the internal resources and to manage the conflicts of interests between
• Manage convincingly the gap between the specification and the offer.
• Build winning tenders in terms of schedule, , technical compliance, competitiveness and differentiation
according to Transport and TIS Tendering Process
• Prepare a comprehensive and well-presented tender to meet the deadlines and minimise the tenders costs.
• Manage the approval process according to the Transport Tendering Process.
• Participate in the negotiation process with the customer when necessary.
• Hit rate
• Feedback from customer, customer director
• Application of Transport processes and update
• People: no direct reports
• Budget: Bid Manager is responsible for budget of tenders he (she) is in charge
Qualifications & Skills:
• Engineering Degree (Master equivalent or above) in one or more of the following fields: Industrial Computer science, Telecom, Electrical, Electronics, Automation.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in industrial, rail industry and/or telecom applications.
• Experience in international projects or bids and openness to multi-cultural environment
• Vision of the 2 markets : rolling stock and maintenance (customer expectation, technology breakthroughs,
competition, business model) is a plus
• Key Knowledge Areas:
Good understanding of technical/engineering issues, contracting, finance, product specifications, with at
least 3 years’experience within an industrial project team environment.
o Team management: to be able to liaise & motivate internal and external partners
o Strong analytical and synthesis skills
o Good understanding of commercial risks (financial, legal, political...).
o Good level of abstraction to understand complex problems involving several technologies
o Understanding of and successful experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
o Understanding of and experience of working in a matrix organization.
• Effective active listening and communication skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Negotiation skills
• Rigour and discipline (stick to deadlines).
TECHNICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Learning fast, quick understanding of new technologies
• Focus on simple solutions to complex problems
• Languages : Fluency in French, English. Dutch is a plus
Job is located in Charleroi
Travels not frequent (about 10 % of time)
Les engagements de notre entreprise se fondent sur une culture agile, inclusive et responsable qui offre à des personnes de tout horizon l’opportunité de se développer, d’apprendre et de progresser tout au long de leur carrière. Nous encourageons nos salariés à réaliser pleinement leur potentiel, tout en leur accordant l’estime et le respect dus à chaque individu.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Dutch Language
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Active Listening