In a 24x7 shift organisation, the Operations Optimizer defines the daily strategies and ensures the proper execution of short-term activities related to
- the optimisation of the Luminus electricity and gas portfolios: physical and financial balancing in intraday (ID) and day-ahead (DA) horizons.
- the financial and physical optimisation of Luminus' coordinable’ generation assets (Thermal and Wind).
- the daily participation in the various auctions for ancillary services.
- the creation of the optimal value of the different intraday (ID) and day-ahead (DA) activities over a horizon of several days (D to D+5)
- the consistency of our obligations with regard to market rules as Supplier, BRP and Shipper by ensuring uniformity and consistency of the behaviour and reasoning of the Operations Optimisers in relation to the strategies defined (training, documentation, daily monitoring, etc.).
In doing so, he/she contributes to the achievement of the company's objectives, in particular those of Optimisation within the framework of the risk policy and in accordance with other relevant company policies (e.g. code of ethics, delegation of authority, credit policy).
He/she must anticipate and weight all possible risks (Industrial, portfolio deviations, weather risk, balancing risk, operational and IT problems,...) and ensure consistency of Luminus' behaviour with the Market and in accordance with other relevant company policies (e.g. code of ethics, delegation of authority, credit policy)
- Responsible for the publications and Transparency obligations of Luminus (7 days a week) towards the different actors of the electricity market (REMIT, CREG) for all planned or unplanned unavailability and must runs/impositions.
- Responsible for the definition and execution of strategies over the D to D+5 horizon :
- Coordinate on a daily basis with MT/PO team, site managers and Forecasting team in order to gather maximum information.
- Analyse and weight all risks and opportunities (Industrial, portfolio deviations, weather risk, Balancing risk, operational and IT issues,...)
- Define portfolio risk management strategies over the D to D+5 horizon.
- Define the strategies for participation in ancillary services (Capacity and Activation) over the D to D+5 horizon in order to maximise the total value of the assets by the market and/or by the services.
- Define other strategies for the use of Storage Gas, Nemo link,... solutions to mitigate portfolio and asset risks.
- Continuous improvement loop: continuous monitoring of market context and actors' behaviour, REX and lessons learned, strategy adaptation.
- Responsible for the optimisation of ancillary services:
- Responsible for the execution of the defined strategies on a daily basis (7 days a week) in compliance with Luminus' internal ethical policies as well as the participation procedures and timing associated with the daily auction platforms (Luminus' reputation, price consistency,...)
- Responsible on a day-to-day basis and in real time (24/7) for the proper appointment and execution of ancillary services based on the earned obligations in compliance with the contractual, operational and financial rules defined for each of the services provided.
- Responsible for the optimisation of the Electricity and Gas portfolios (Demand and non-coordinating supply part) (DA 7d/7)
- Balancing the portfolios through the various electricity and gas trading exchanges (Joule, Belpex, Epex, APX-Endex, etc.) or over the counter with third parties, under exclusivity with EDFT for certain products.
- Ensuring, after optimisation, ad hoc appointments with Elia and Fluxys of positions, OTC transactions with third parties or via electricity and gas trading exchanges (Joule, Belpex, Epex, APX-Endex, etc.).
- Responsible for the optimisation of Luminus' coordinable generation assets (Thermal and Wind) (DA 7d/7).
- Based on D+1 price forecasts, optimise and submit the best operating proposals for our coordinable assets (block, hour, conditional,...) and position in case of identified balancing risk on EPEXSPOT BE so as to optimise their values while respecting the established ethical policies (Transparency,...)
- Ensure after Elec optimisation.
- The resulting Gas optimisation
- The ad hoc nominations to Elia/RTE and Fluxys/GRTGaz/GTS of the operating programmes.
- Responsible for the intraday optimisation of portfolios and assets :
- By managing the weather, volume and price risks of the intraday horizon over the next hours.
- Monitoring and anticipating real time position deviations of the Gas and Elec portfolios, and the positions of renewable means (Wind, Solar,...)
- Performing automatic real time optimisation of our coordinable assets (Steering, stop/start,...) and ensuring the optimisation of the resulting gas positions.
- Managing real time events such as unplanned outages of coordinable power plants in order to minimise the financial impact on Elec and Gas while respecting the transprence obligations over the next few hours.
- Optimising BE and other trading opportunities via cross-border transits: arbitrate all geographical spreads (between Belgium, France, the Netherlands, the UK,...) by booking capacities and carrying out transactions.
- Managing gas storage rights in accordance with the strategies defined by the long term team.
- Minimising the residual balancing costs of the portfolios and maximising the value of our coordinable assets.
- Contacting and negotiating with market players on buying and selling opportunities to optimise any risk associated with the Gas and Electricity portfolios.
- Contacting and/or negotiating with market participants on the different possibilities of transferring obligations in case of outage of an asset or opportunity offered by another player.
- Executing transfer of obligations.
- University degree with a technical or economic orientation (Civil or Industrial Engineer, Commercial Engineer, Bachelor of Science in Economics) or equivalent by experience
- Ability to take a decision quickly and to manage a complex process, especially in an emergency situation
- Excellent ability to handle stress and interpersonal contacts in stressful situations so that important decisions can be made alone at night;
- Flexible in order to fit in a 24/7 active team and ensure real time activity and on-call constraints
- Knowledge of French and/or Dutch and good command of English
- Dynamism, precision, strong autonomy of work and ability to work in a team, good communicator
- Dutch Language
- Emergency Handling
- Storage (Warehousing)
- French Languages
- English Language
- Balancing (Ledger/Billing)