Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. Covia’s rich legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Safety, Health, & Environmental Coordinator who will have a positive impact on our team at our Hephzibah, GA location. The Safety, Health, & Environmental Coordinator is accountable to coordinate and monitor programs to meet or exceed all company and regulatory requirements for employee health and safety. The Safety, Health, and Environmental Coordinator also coordinates and monitors programs to maintain environmental compliance for air emissions.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
- Maintain a safety program that includes MSHA training, monthly safety meetings, and daily toolbox/hazard discussions, initial indoctrination of new employees, and reporting to meet all internal and external requirements;
- Administer record keeping for all employee task training, safety training, corporate safety procedures, and plant specific procedures and policies. Maintain all environmental, health and safety activities in SAM;
- Investigate and report on all accidents/incidents for insurance, MSHA, or corporate and direct the prevention of their recurrence;
- Perform sampling, measuring, reporting for corporate and government agencies as required to maintain compliance for all water withdrawal and discharge policies and permits;
- Maintain certification for stack reading, perform inspections and reporting to maintain environmental compliance for air emissions (Synthetic Minor Permit);
- Administer health sampling programs for dust and noise. Coordinate all medical testing and monitoring;
- Accompany regulatory agency inspectors and oversee correction of any identified deficiencies.;
- Support/lead activities to support all ESG criteria;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Industrial Technology or equivalent required;
- Literacy in English, both verbally and written;
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of Safety, Health, and Environmental;
- 10+ years of experience in as a supervisor in a production environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to safety with previous experience in identifying and managing risks;
- Demonstrated experience contributing within a team of professionals to deliver set targets.
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits – medical, vision, dental
- 401K with company matching
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality, and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or military service or reserve or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer