You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Practice Leader - Structural Engineering (Industrial & Energy)
ABS Consulting Group seeks to develop and grow its business in the areas of Structural Engineering (Industrial & Energy). This unique opportunity provides the Practice Leader with the ability to develop a new area of business centered around your experience and expertise. The Leader will build and lead the function while ABS will provide the tools, resources, funds, and key personnel to help ensure your success. This is an opportunity to help build a team with the support of an organization with an international presence. This role is a full-time employee of ABS Consulting and offers a complete benefits plan, as shown below.
Schedule and Location: This role offers a fully remote option based on the location of the Practice Leader. The Company has U.S. engineering offices in Houston, Texas; Irvine, California; and San Antonio, Texas.
Expertise In The Following:
- Structural Engineering (Industrial & Energy)
What You Will Do:
- Build a business line around your area of expertise while being supported by a global consulting firm.
- Maintain technical credentials and personal brands within the area of practice.
- Maintain professional certifications.
- Increase exposure by publishing thought pieces, engaging with the community at seminars and conferences, and developing/conducting short courses within the specialty.
- Write proposals and contract work in accordance with standards and policies.
- Partner with the Marketing team to build and execute campaigns related to your expertise.
- Work with Senior Director, Business Strategy and Director, and Business Development to develop practice-specific business plans.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to recruit new personnel to support growth.
- Develop new clients/businesses to meet annual revenue targets.
- Perform technical work in the capacity of the project manager (target of 50% utilization)
- Develop and mentor professional staff.
- Engage with the sales team to augment/extend the reach.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- BS Engineering (required)
- MS Engineering (preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience as an engineer that meets requirements of this role.
- Relevant Licensure (PE/SE/LEED AP/etc.) and/or Certification (CFEI/PMP/CPP/PSP/etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven depth of technical understanding and applied knowledge in the practice area.
- Experience in developing solutions to complex problems and the ability to communicate these to clients effectively.
- Diversity of experience shows adaptability and the ability to remain flexible and open-minded during new challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including building relationships with stakeholders, clients, and team members.
- Understanding of the business side of engineering – project budgets, staffing, contracts, and managing client demands
- Demonstrated experience communicating complex technical concepts to internal and external stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to speak well in group and/or client-facing environments.
- English language fluency to conduct detailed business and technical communication at a professional level.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Director, Engineering, and can build a team as your business grows. The role will partner with a team of professionals to help grow your business.
Pay Range: $150,000 – $190,000 base.
Employee Type: Exempt (salaried)
Learn More About ABS Consulting Group:
The Consultant is part of our Extreme Loads & Structural Risk competency center. The group is an experienced multi-disciplinary team of civil, structural, and mechanical engineers with decades of professional experience. Working across all market sectors and focused on critical infrastructure, our engineers have assisted clients with various technical issues and provided data-driven risk and reliability solutions and technical services that help our clients confirm the safety, integrity, quality, and environmental efficiency of their critical assets and operations.We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times. ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. About Our Benefits ABS Group proudly offers a variety of industry-leading benefits designed to enhance the life and well-being of our employees and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to, medical insurance (PPO and HD), dental and vision insurance, Health Savings account (HSA), Flexible Savings Account (FSA), life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability leave programs, parental leave program, paid holidays, and paid vacation time. The Company provides an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that offers additional support in personal wellness, including work-life services. ABS Group also offers a 401K plan with a generous company match, subject to plan requirements. Equal Opportunity The ABS Group of Companies is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Notice ABS and Affiliated Companies (ABS) will not pay a fee to any third-party agency without a valid ABS Master Service Agreement (MSA) authorized and signed by Human Resources. Any resume, CV, application, or other forms of candidate submission provided to any employee of ABS without a valid MSA on file will be considered property of ABS, and no fee will be paid. Other This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjsABS Consulting Group seeks to develop and grow its business in the area of Structural Engineering (Industrial & Energy). This unique opportunity provides the Practice Leader with the ability to develop a new area of business centered around your experience and expertise. You will lead and develop this area of business, and ABS will provide the tools, resources, funds, and key personnel to help ensure your success. This is an opportunity to help build a team with the support of an organization with an international presence. This role is a full-time employee of ABS Consulting and offers a complete benefits plan, as shown below.
- Business Development
- Certified Project Management Professional
Job ID: 662