Jacobs provides field, range, testing, chemical, and biological laboratory support to the U.S. Army at the West Desert Test Center (WDTC) located at Dugway Proving Ground (DPG), UT. As a major test site for the U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command, the WDTC is responsible for the test and evaluation of chemical and biological (CB) defense systems, incendiary and smoke/obscuration munitions systems, and related operational concepts.
In addition to these responsibilities, we also support non-CB testing at the WDTC for the DOD and other Federal agencies, including environmental assessment/impact evaluation and munitions demilitarization.
Our Dugway Operation was established in 2004 with the award of the Field, Range, Chamber, and Laboratory Support Services (FRC&LSS) contract to Jacobs. Through the FRC&LSS contract, we have integrated with Mellor Engineering, TOPE, and JRAD with a composite staff size of more than 170 personnel.
TOPE is seeking a Mechanical Technician to support the Dugway Proving Ground (DPG) contract.
Successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Cleaning and preparing test sites, loading and delivering materials using a variety of tools and machines, such as forklifts, power drills, grinder, saws, pressure washers, scissor lifts, skid steers, UTV and referee equipment.
- Assist in receipt inspections test fixture setup and removal.
- Be able to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time.
- Show expertise in working with a team and independently.
- Be able to maintain a medical surveillance.
- Manage positive customer and employee relations.
- Work all shifts flexibly when job demands.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Safety awareness and have a thorough understanding of Jacobs Dugway Team Safety Program’ i.e. Safe Plan of Action (SPA), Safety observation Reports (SOR), and other required guidelines.
Education and Experience:
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the calibration, operation, maintenance, fabrication, and repair of mechanical test equipment.
- Must be familiar with building exhaust systems and as a minimum, be able to perform maintenance, including replacement of worn belts; greasing of bearings; repair of fans, blowers, and discharge stacks; and adjustment of volume dampers and hood baffles in test fixtures.
- Fabrication/welding of test fixtures.
- Desired to have experience with vibration systems and with cryogenic liquids, high pressure liquids, and oxygen displacing vapors (CO2 and N2).
- Experience using various instrumentation such as temperature, relative humidity, air velocity, pH, conductivity, and particulate concentration.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Medium- Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Generally an outdoor environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot and cold climates.
Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management.
No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Office is located on site in Government spaces at: Dugway Proving Ground, UT.
Equipment and Machines:
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Regular hours will be between Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions:
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required.
Travel to and from customer’s locations and the test fields may be required to support projects.
This may involve airline travel.
When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
This position will require a valid driver license to operate a variety of vehicles.
#ANSDefense #MOIP #cjpost #LI-JA3 #ANSTestEval
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race", color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability," veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply and [ Link removed ] .