We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 93,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
- To perform various site sampling and analysis tasks for clients. To ensure clients have the testing conducted in order for them to determine their compliance or otherwise with various regulatory bodies and test specifications and or other specifications.
- To establish, develop and expand the Sydney business chemistry capabilities
- To project manage and perform various industrial projects for clients.
- To assist in managing and maintaining a profitable core business in the area of air, gas and industrial chemistry related work.
- To provide independent test results as specified by their compliance with the appropriate standards and/or customer specifications or requirements.
- Bachelor of Science &/or Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical)
- Several years of industry experience
- To have an in depth understanding of analytical techniques use in environmental, occupational hygiene and chemical testing.
- To have an in depth understanding of GC/GC-MS equipment to perform analysis of air gas and other samples.
- To understand the legislation/standards applicable to the work performed.
- To have good communication skills in order to liaise with customers obtained work and assist in growing the business.
WHY WORK FOR SGS?
Working at SGS means joining an innovative, global Company. Let’s break down what that means for you.
- As a Company, we have embraced the shift to flexible work. We encourage our employees, wherever operationally possible, to work in arrangements that support a work-life balance.
- We’re a Company who believe our impact on society is important, so Sustainability is embedded in our culture and the way we do business.
Paid Parental leave scheme for 8 weeks for eligible employees.
- We are driven to ensure we have a positive impact on our local communities through paid employee volunteering days and regularly encouraging time off to donate blood.
Health & Wellbeing is important to us, which is why we offer annual health club membership rebates and discounted private health insurance, as well as a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
Ongoing learning & development is vital to the success of any Company. We believe in investing in our employees, so we offer education assistance programs and encourage the use of our online learning platform.
Career Development Opportunities (nationally and Globally)
COME TO WORK AND BE 100% YOU
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative and forward-thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual, and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Occupational Hygiene