This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Analyst to join the BG Operations Finance Partnering team and support the Customer Contact and Operations functions.
Customer Contact & Operations are responsible for handling c.30m contacts a year from both Energy and Services customers whilst also responsible for billing, cash collection, meter reading and managing debt.
The successful candidate for this role will support the Finance Partners of Field Fulfilment to create value by improving the quality of commercial and operational decisions. The role is required to translate business strategy into grounded plans, financial drivers and non-financial goals in addition to providing robust financial reporting and analysis.
- Generate metrics to support analysis of KPI’s across Operations
- Analyse cost base identifying true underlying drivers and develop improvements working across multiple teams to deliver initiatives
- Create resources and materials to support decision making
- Engage stakeholders to gather information, challenge assumptions supporting the compilation of GAP / GFF plans
- Provide analytical support and insight to develop cost / value optimisation modelling
- Monitor COGS and Opex performance on an ongoing basis and suggest areas of development
- Assist with preparation and supporting material for presentation of business case for senior stakeholders.
- Share best practice across Operations Finance team
Communication & stakeholder management– must have the ability to build positive relationships, influence and constructively challenge. Need to be able to work across multiple groups and influence those outside their direct line of reporting relationships
- Reporting Development, automation and analytical skills.
Critical financial thinking – must possess the ability to interrogate, analyse and derive insight from data
Change agent— able to drive organizational change and enable continual improvement in business processes as well as team capabilities.
Commercial/operational mind set– have an operations & industry perspective, and the ability to link performance to external factors
Technical & Business Knowledge – have a Financial or accounting qualification and/or background in commercial due diligence as well as an understanding of business priorities
Flexible working style—ability to manage multiple tasks in an often-ambiguous environment with competing priorities.
Ability to manage risks and build strong governance— have the ability to identify risks to the business and ensure controls are in place to efficiently mitigate those risks
Customer orientation— understand the needs of internal and external customers and are able to make business decisions taking the customers perspective into consideration.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap across the technology sector and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
- Business Priorities
- Business Processes