We share a common purpose – to make the world more connected and sustainable. And we’re excited about the innovative ways we can change the world. If you are also interested in turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Electrical Engineer in Bellevue, Washington. As part of our team, you’ll have the chance to work on projects that bring innovative solutions to our municipal clients’ water and wastewater challenges locally and worldwide.
You’ll be charged with using your experience in the design and specification of medium and low voltage power distribution, motor control, standby and emergency generation systems, lighting systems, fire detection and protection, lightning protection, grounding, and security systems, to relevant codes of practice. You’ll also develop high quality power distribution and lighting calculations, technical notes and reports. Your ability to contribute in the development and growth of both domestically and globally will be a great asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 10 years of experience designing various types of facilities and buildings, utility systems, designs and interpretation of facility electrical systems
- Holds an active professional engineering (PE) license.
- Capable of working in a team environment, including giving and receiving critical feedback
- Strong and effective verbal and written communications skills
- Successful experience with working and managing remote domestic and international staff
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Task lead or Project Management experience, with some staff in remote locations
- Project experience designing infrastructure and facilities, such as Transit, Transportation and Water.
- Vertical commercial experience, such as administrative offices, airport terminals.
- Some experience in telecommunications and data center design
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]
Licensed Professional Engineer