We're looking for a Mechanical Engineer in Honolulu. You’ll have the chance to work with an internal network of architects and engineers designing facilities for the Federal Government and related institutions. Working with other members of the team, you’ll develop design packages using Revit and other software. During your time with us, you will generate calculations, design analyses, construction drawings, and specifications. Additionally, you’ll perform field work, both prior to design and as a follow up during construction period activities. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. Support our Federal Buildings and Infrastructure Design Practice and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
Your role keeps our company connected and we’ll support you with what you need to be successful. Bring your creativity, ambitious spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- United States Citizenship with current Driver’s License (US State)
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering from ABET-accredited college or university
- Professional Engineering (PE) license
- At least 1 year of experience producing construction document packages
- Competency in leading internal teams in production of design packages including HVAC and plumbing using either AutoCAD or Revit
- Extensive knowledge of codes and standards, including ICC, ASHRAE, and NFPA
- Competency in design of common HVAC systems and equipment, including both air and hydronic equipment as well as building controls
- Ability to travel internationally on at least a limited basis (no more than 1 week per quarter)
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Proficient working knowledge of Revit software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passion for buildings and construction
- Experience in construction period services, including answering RFIs, review of submittals, and field assessments
- Experience performing federal design to Unified Facilities Criteria requirements and with UFGS specifications
- Competency in use of sustainability principles in design. LEED accreditation.
- Knowledge of Federal requirements for life cycle cost analyses of energy consuming systems and building envelope alternatives
- Competency in performing HVAC load and energy calculations using one or more industry standard software packages, such as Trane Trace or Carrier HAP
- Ability to generate project specific construction specifications using spec-intact templates
- Competency in design of plumbing systems
- Knowledge of federal design requirements related to anti-terrorism and for secure facilities
- Experience estimating engineering effort for building design projects
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ]