Company: Precision Drilling
Are you looking to begin your career on a drilling rig? Do you enjoy a fast-paced, team-oriented environment? If so, look no further than Precision Drilling! We are looking for High Performance candidates with grit and drive to join the Precision Family in Pennsylvania. The entry level position at Precision is a Floorhand. As a Floorhand, you’ll be on the front lines ensuring we deliver High Value solutions to our customers.
As well, we are always looking for experienced candidates. If you have experience as a Motorhand, Derrickhand, Driller or Rig Manager, please also complete this application and upload your work history and certifications.
ABOUT PRECISION DRILLING
Precision Drilling has established itself as a market leader, delivering efficient, reliable High-Performance land drilling services to customers. We are active in all major resource plays, working with the most demanding and technically advanced operators.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Floorhand is responsible for safely and efficiently performing a variety of physically demanding tasks on and around the drilling rig, supporting equipment, structures, and rig systems. Responsibilities of the Floorhand include:
- Assisting the Derrickhand, Motorhand and Driller on the drill floor while making trips;
- Operating manual tongs and slips to connect and disconnect drilling pipe and drilling bits or tools;
- Performing repairs and preventative maintenance of the drilling equipment and other components of the rig while adhering to Precision maintenance standards;
- Ensuring the drill floor is kept clean and other housekeeping activities on and around the rig including cleaning, washing, chipping and painting;
- Actively participate in safety meetings and adhering to all applicable safety regulations;
- Assisting the Derrickhand in mixing mud and chemicals;
- Assisting in moving the rig, rigging up and rigging down/out; and,
- Miscellaneous duties including but not limited to offloading/backloading trucks, nipple up/down, care of the blowout preventer (BOP) system, and monitoring the operation of the shakers, return tanks, mud pits and chemical sack area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- A valid driver's license as well as transportation to and from rig site
- Must be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to follow instructions and take direction
- Willingness to read and understand Precision’s Key Beliefs, Target Zero Rules & Stop Work Authority
- Personal Income Tax
- Rigging (Sailing Ship)