Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
The Market Strategy group within Risk Management and Strategy is responsible for developing company’s view with comprehensive analysis of North American energy markets. This includes developing and maintaining short-term and medium-term forecasts for energy, price received, and congestion and curtailment risk for our portfolio of assets in the ERCOT market. This person will work to integrate nodal market modeling with broader modeling efforts to support a comprehensive market view covering ancillary services, capacity and/or scarcity pricing, and Renewable Energy Certificates. This modeling effort helps drive investment and asset management decisions for new renewable projects (wind, solar, battery, etc.), hedging activity, and development of corporate strategy in North America.
What You'll Do at Enel:
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
Who You Are:
- Serve as the subject matter expert on nodal price formation and congestion pricing on the fundamental modeling team
- Develop and maintain production cost and powerflow forecast models for the ERCOT nodal market
- Analyze market risk around congestion at key locations in the ERCOT market
- Quantify commercial risks related to PPAs and merchant exposure based changes in market fundamentals, renewable penetrations, market rules, etc.
- Use fundamental model views to provide quantitative and qualitative insights as they pertain to our portfolio of generation assets in various ISOs.
- Review consultant studies pertaining to basis risk
- Support the development and maintenance of transmission and nodal market datasets, output reports, and market insights
- Support the automation efforts for key model inputs and output reporting functions for nodal simulations and coordinate database management with other staff
- Provide support to business development and policy teams by providing market information and analysis in a timely manner
- Work with other members of the fundamental modeling, risk and trading teams in development of key fundamental inputs for both supply and demand side of each market to support hedging strategy for operating assets
- Summarize key fundamental changes in the markets and communicate the findings to develop consensus on the market view
- Stay abreast of the latest regulatory developments both at state and federal level especially related to transmission infrastructure, scarcity pricing, ancillary services, and market price formation
- Analyze and maintain a cohesive view of the interplay between Renewable Energy Credits, Capacity, and Energy markets in a target region
What You've Accomplished:
- Ability to work as a part of team and engage with other groups, ability to communicate complex concepts to a variety of audiences
- Willingness to learn and interest in power and/ or commodities markets
What Enel Offers You:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in an analytical role at an energy trading firm, energy consulting firm, IPP, ISO or Utility. Open to fill position at lower level as warranted by experience
- Strong understanding of nodal power market fundamentals, renewable energy background a plus
- Experience in power market modeling in ERCOT, PJM, SPP, WECC, CAISO, NYISO and/or ISO-NE, ERCOT preferred
- Experience with nodal production cost modeling is required, Aurora, PROMOD, PLEXOS or like tool
- Strong experience in data mining and working with large datasets
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Power, Economics and/ or Business or comparable. Advanced degree may count towards some experience
•A rapidly growing yet well-established business, •Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., •Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., •Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities. Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [ Email address blocked ] .
- Asset Management
- Big Data
- Business Development
- Commodity Market