Employment Status: Co-op Student
Salary: $21.44 Hourly
Temp Duration: 8 Months
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
Under the direction of the Manager and IS Operations Lead this co-op student will be responsible for:
- First level technical support for all FortisBC personal computing and related equipment
- Perform upgrades, installations, and preventive maintenance tasks
- Loading and configuring of laptops and desktops for end user deployment
- Update corporate software records and documentation
- Provide support to the IS project teams
- Action user support requests
- Currently enrolled in Computer Information Systems or equivalent program
- Microsoft training
- Network infrastructure training - Cisco
- IP telephony training
- Valid class 5 BC drivers’ license
- Co-op to start September 2022
- This position will require travel within the service territory.
To learn more about FortisBC and the great initiatives we are involved in, visit us at www.fortisbc.com.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
Safety is our number one priority, and to maintain the health and safety of our employees and broader communities, we have a number of COVID-19 safety measures in place. This includes a requirement for all new employees to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their first day of work or the start of their employment. And of course, we will consider an accommodation for anyone who’s unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined by the Human Rights Code.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the [ Link removed ] page for additional information.
- Information Technology
- Preventive Maintenance
- Technical Support
- Vo Ip