We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom Switzerland AG attaches great importance to diversity and gender balance. Our leadership team is composed of 45% female leaders. We specifically encourage female candidates to apply for this position
We are currently looking to recruit a URL blocked - click to apply) in our location in Zürich, Switzerland. As a Bid & System Engineer you are responsible for creating the design and validation of electrical propulsion systems for rolling stock.
- Development and design of propulsion system solutions for specific vehicle types (analyse and clarify customer requirements, identify competitive system solutions)
- Lead Engineering activities regarding the propulsion system for bids (coordination of a designated engineering team)
- Contribution to the development of future standard propulsion systems
- Special Engineering tasks regarding the performance and/or the safety of propulsion systems (e.g. running time simulations, reliability/availability analysis)
- Improvement of corresponding tools and templates
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in Railway / Rolling Stock / Propulsion Technology business is essential
- Experience in Power Electronics / Converter & Control Technology is beneficial
- Willingness to work in an exciting international environment and with different cultures
- Readiness to travel to customers or to other Alstom sites worldwide if required
- Open to learn new tools and processes
- Good communication skills
- English fluent, German intermediate, other languages are an advantage
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
- Electrical Engineering
- Railway Operations And Servicing