Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a impelling cause in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
DC Turbine Solutions > DC Control Infrastructure > Control System Software
Software Application & Electronics is responsible for delivering optimized and reliable control solutions for our Wind Turbines including the functional safety. This includes the real-time communication backbone that ties all the distributed control nodes together, the real time operating system of the control nodes and the high-level functionality that control all operation in the turbine. SAE is responsible for maintaining the man machine & plant interface, service functionality, sensing (wind, azimuth, yawing, tower acceleration), AUX power supply & backup. We are a team of around 200+ engineers spread between Denmark, Portugal & India working in a highly innovative technology-centric and process focused environment
- You will be part of a team providing engineering solutions to non-standard products and existing products. This involves below responsibilities e.g. addressing the issues reported from field and root cause analysis & problem solving related to turbines in operation, support the service technical team across the globe that keeps our turbine fleet running, support to sales organization by addressing new solution requirements and technology development.
- The work involves high level of engineering i.e. balancing a solution towards various specific requirements.
- You will mainly work with addressing the issues specific to individual systems in the turbine and developing solutions having close collaboration with the system leads.
- You will be responsible for verification of the solution on all levels, including software tests (in-house) and field verification.
- You will be also responsible for documenting and presenting your work in a precise way to your internal and external stakeholders.
- 3 - 6 years of working experience with software development
- Object Oriented & State based software design
- Experience in the real time embedded systems machine control domain
- Development Experience with C++
- Experience in scripting languages like python & SQL
- Knowledge of dynamical mechanical systems
- Experience in Control system using MATLAB Simulink(not mandatory)
- Hands-on experience with product or technology development
- Experience with SCRUM and Agile Development
- Understanding of Continuous integration solutions with e.g. Git, Jenkins, Atlassian suite
- Education Qualification : B. Tech / B.E / MTech / ME - CS, ECE, EE
- You are innovative , problem-solving, results-oriented and have a solid sense of responsibility
- You are able to meet your deadlines with the good quality output
- You have a creative approach to new tasks and out of box thought process
- You achieve goals as part of a team and it comes naturally to you to collaborate and share knowledge
- You have good communication & presentation skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing)
What We Offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a solid team in an exciting business with very comprehensive products. The working environment in Engineering Solution is informal but with clear direction. You will be part of a project-oriented organization with an inspiring work environment. You will be part of an international organization with opportunities to grow and develop in the job - professionally and personally.
Your work location will be in Chennai, India
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th June 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.
Electrical And Computer Engineering
Agile Software Development
Scrum (Software Development)
Object Oriented Programming