The position exists for the purpose of managing the daily operations of assigned team and assisting Supervisors and Operations Manager in improving team productivity and efficiency by influencing, motivating and guiding direct reports to their optimum performance. To provide support to Emerson Process Management– Australia and New Zealand in handling customer emails and logging RFQs and orders for ANZ operating units.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duty 1: Functional Expertise
• Acts as back-up if volume is high
• Disseminates product/process updates to staff
• Responds timely and accurately to the escalations of the Level 1 support
• Anticipates and foresees the requirements of customers based on previous data and precedents
• Takes pro-active responsibilities in dealing with customers
• Trains new hires and ensures that they have sufficient knowledge and skills before going live or performing their work alone/independently
• Logs Inquiries
• Records New Customers
• Saves/Uploads/Archives Communication Records (Filenet, OCM, GMS, CRM, Shared Folders, SharePoint)
• Generates Transaction Records (CRM Logging, SSRS Reports, EODN, Etc.)
• Monitors incoming emails in common mailboxes.
• Acknowledges receipt of customer emails/POs/RFQs.
• Updates order/quote records/data/status in Business System
• Verifies New Customer accounts and works with Customer
• Vendor Data Hub team for creation of accounts in the business systems.
• Allocates Requests/Tasks/Emails to appropriate individual/support
Duty 2: Customer Satisfaction
• Generates reports based on team deliverables and present to management and counterparts
• Escalates specific issues and provides recommendation to customers to address them
• Assists direct reports in resolution of escalations on the area of specific support
• Identifies problems, analyzes trends and implements corrective and preventive actions using quality tools
• Schedules, coordinates and facilitates customer communication
• Works closely with counterparts/POCs to identify loopholes and process gaps
• Support projects related to quality improvement (such as Think Customer, QMS, etc.) and handles ad hoc tasks to support the objectives of the management
• Participates in business conference calls
Duty 3: Internal Operations Management
• Ensures the Service Level Agreements are on target.
• Participates in goal-setting review to ensure challenging and stretched goals and assignments for the team in support of the overall business
• Accountable for the on-time and proper recruitment to fill job vacancies to ensure service levels and appropriate staffing are carried on (business continuity)
• Submits period reports on metrics/KPIs/Dashboards to determine performance against the SLAs of the team.
• Performs staffing projection complementing work volume growth and forecast and make necessary proposals to business unit.
• Monitors schedules of employees to ensure proper shift coverage
• Plans, assigns and directs work to the employees in cooperation with the supervisor or manager to manage workload and projects
• Analyzes, explains and addresses variances between current and target performance
• Implements policies on the filing, documenting and approval of time and attendance administration
• Identifies and documents changes in the roles, responsibilities, accountabilities and workload of employees to properly determine volume headcount ratio, work scope
Duty 4: Staff Management and Development
• Evaluates individual performance and conducts performance discussions to keep everyone on track
• Performs regular coaching to enhance the performance of staff and encourage participation in decision making.
• Adheres to the regularization, performance appraisal, quarterly performance appraisal, rewards and recognition and other people related policies and guidelines.
• Determines employee's capabilities and improvement areas
• Identifies functional /behavioral training & development needs of employees to support team goals and objectives
• Completes individual development plans of employees based on the company guidelines and implements agreed training/ development activities
• Monitors effectiveness of the development plan and supports employees in the application of learning to the job
• Plans, organizes and coordinates team activities to enhance team camaraderie and employee engagement
• Monitors adherence to the ethics and code of conduct and implements disciplinary action in compliance with the requirement for due process
Duty 5: Internal Communication
• Understands and seeks critical information and data needed by the team
• Communicates policies, programs and decisions that affect employees
• Uses effective communication tools like flow charts, process flows, diagrams, etc. to effectively communicate products, processes, business and team performance, and others
• Conducts team meetings to address issues and concerns, escalations, improve processes and others
• Collaborates and networks with other leads to complete assigned projects and programs
• Keeps management informed and updated on matters affecting their team morale and performance
• Bachelor’s degree/College Degree, any field
Job Related Experience:
• Moving from individual contributor to leading a team
• General knowledge of Measurement Solutions
• High competence in usage of MS Outlook and MS Office applications
• Demonstrated systems and process knowledge
• Knowledge in various software applications such as: SharePoint, MS Access
• Strong knowledge of Oracle
• Familiarity with measurement and process automation products/technologies/services
• Basic knowledge Microsoft office applications
• English language proficient
• General understanding of the quote-to-cash process
• Above average communication skills (oral & written) and excellent telephone skills
• People and results-oriented
• Experience working with several levels within an organization, from frontline up to senior management
• A team player, with a positive attitude
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
• A strong desire to lead and a generally positive outlook in life
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Complex Problem Solving
Training And Development