Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is seeking candidates for a variety of energy sector, cross-cutting and project management focused positions based in Tunisia for the anticipated USAID-funded Tunisia Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Project. The specialists will implement project activities, coordinate closely with the client and local stakeholders, and work with the program management team based in Tunisia. These positions may be part-time or full-time and are contingent upon contract award.
**Please indicate at the top of your resume which position you are applying for**
The successful candidates should have leadership skills and experience and be mid- to senior-level experts with experience in one or more of the following areas:
Energy sector-specific positions:
- Renewable energy engineers
- Energy efficiency
- Energy economics
- Energy policy
- Energy procurement systems
- Energy resource diversification specialists
- Finance and tariff specialists
- IT platform/software development specialists
- Legal and regulatory specialists
- Market competition promotion (energy-specific)
- Modern energy technology (design, adoption, integration and scale-up)
- Modern gas system
- Natural gas infrastructure
- Power engineers
- Power sector planning (policies and tools), systems and regulations
- Private sector engagement
- Transmission and distribution system operators
- Utility improvement and transformation specialists
Cross-cutting and project implementation-specific positions:
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Gender and social inclusion
- Communications and outreach
- Operations, accounting, finance and administration
- Project procurement and logistics
Essential KSA's Required (experience, skills, education, certifications, etc.):
- An undergraduate degree in a field relevant to your expertise (engineering, physics, international development, economics, or similar field.)
- A master’s degree in economics, energy, engineering, finance, management, policy, legal, and/or other related fields is preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience supporting donor-funded projects, preferably projects focused on the energy sector with demonstrable experience in the electricity sector.
- Experience supporting USAID or other donor-funded energy projects in Tunisia and/or in the region.
- Ability to build effective relationships with peers, supervisors, clients, and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the political, social and cultural context of working in Tunisia and/or in the region.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in French and/or Arabic is required.
- Fluency in English is highly preferred (reading, writing and presentation skills).
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting [ Link removed ] .
For more information on our company, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at [ Link removed ] .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies