This position is responsible for completing project assignments with the support of Applied Mechanics Engineers. Through formal and on the job training, the individual will learn and understand how the department works and recognize the interaction of the engineering disciplines used in Applied Mechanics.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in providing services to Applied Mechanics stakeholders by executing assigned projects with the guidance of more senior engineers. These assignments will be selected to maximize the learning process.
2. Learn how to perform simulations (modeling and solution) of compressor components and assemblies with general supervision and learn how to verify and validate the simulations results.
3. Prepare reports with guidance and approval by more senior engineers in a timely manner that summarize project, draw conclusions, and make recommendations derived from engineering analysis of the work in a clear, concise, and accurate manner. Incumbent is expected to learn the report format, work request procedures, file systems and data base practice as is currently in use in Applied Mechanics department.
4. Actively pursue through on the job or formal training, the engineering knowledge required to become functional in Applied Mechanics. These skills are structural analysis including FEA, material behavior, fatigue/life prediction, failure analysis, fluid mechanics including CFD, tribology, thermodynamics and/or heat transfer.
5. Participate fully, positively, and proactively on assigned project teams as required to achieve the objectives of the department.
6. Support Applied Mechanics management as required to meet the goals of the department.
7. Support safety and security policies currently in effect in the Company.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electromechanical or Materials Science Engineering.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Greatest joy is solving problems using engineering analysis.
• Strong engineering knowledge in mathematics, physics, solid mechanics, fluid dynamics, machine design, materials science, fatigue, and failure analysis.
• Being Resilient.
• Works well with others.
• Good communication and written skills.
• Can read engineering drawings.
• Minimum English skills: IELTS Academic overall score of at least 6.0 with no bands below 5.5 or equivalent level.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE:
• Familiar with the Finite Element Method (FEM).
• Familiar with Computer-Aided Design (CAD) & Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) software.
• Familiar with scroll, reciprocating and rotating compressors.
• Knowledge of HVACR systems.
10% or less
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
- Fluid Dynamics
- Machinery Design
- Finite Element Methods
- Fluid Mechanics
- Solid Mechanics