Requisition ID: 118756
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
We don’t just build power stations – we build futures! Our engineers take on some of the most diverse work in the industry; with the opportunity to touch a variety of projects and take on a myriad of responsibilities, you’ll see more and do more than you ever imagined. Not only will you feel the satisfaction of a job well done, you’ll advance your career faster than you may expect. We work hard and play hard; while our expectations are high, we are never slow to reward. Our team is our family, and hard work never goes unnoticed. If you’re driven by change, love a challenge and want to have a hand in designing some of the biggest projects on the planet, we have a place for you.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services.
This position is based out of Houston, TX.
• Lead a collaborative team to understand scope, prepare deliverables, and provide project updates.
• Perform cost effective designs based on industry, company, and/or client standards.
• Generate design criteria, reports, design verifications, and clearance tables for Power Line Systems (PLS-CADD).
• Build and modify pole and tower models for PLS-CADD design.
• Develop construction assembly drawings, material selection, and structure loading packages for submittal to vendors.
• Develop construction specification packages that include drawings, one lines, phasing, and standard installation specifications.
• Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments.
• Attend and lead external and internal meetings to support processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering, Civil engineering, or related field
• At least 10 years’ experience designing and engineering transmission lines between 69kV and 765kV
• Proficient in PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole and PLS-Tower
• Knowledge of MFAD, LPILE, and NESC requirements as well as NESC, ASCE, IEEE, and RUS design standards
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-15%).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.