Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
- In this position, you will be responsible for piping analysis work on new generation nuclear projects, and will interface with systems engineering, structural engineering, piping design, and support design groups, for the design of piping systems and pipe supporting elements
- Reconciliation of pipe stress reports for as-built conditions
- Prepare analytical reports determining the reactions of piping on equipment and structures
- Interpret and apply code requirements
- Review proposed piping support systems, identify issues, and recommend appropriate, cost-effective solutions
- Interface and exchange engineering details between external contacts including equipment suppliers, clients, and installation contractors
- Manage workload to meet project commitments
- Consult with client and others on field-related issues including follow-up reports or design modifications
- Coordinate and provide guidance to other engineers, project managers, client personnel, and suppliers to ensure a complete and timely design
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of S&L\u2019s systems of process and associated \u201cCommunities of Practice\'
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced engineers
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Aerospace Industries
- Applied Mechanics
- Finite Element Methods