Requisition ID # 75444
Job Category : Compliance / Risk / Quality Assurance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy to nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Electric Quality Assurance (EQA) Auditor performs quality assurance activities for PG&E’s Electric Operations departments. The Auditor performs QA audits of program compliance to ensure processes meet the required specifications. The Auditor develops clear and concise written reports which describe audit findings and are used to communicate to various levels of management. The Auditor develops and updates internal auditing and quality improvement processes and strives to verify and document PG&E's overall effectiveness related to regulatory mandates and internal compliance standards. The Quality Assurance Auditor may work with regulatory agencies on inspections or audits and provide information to them as required.
- Performs as lead auditor in all audit functions, electric operations and maintenance departments.
- Contributes to the development of the annual audit plan, including information and data gathering, interview schedule, site visit schedule, associated logistics, and other audit related activities.
- Prepares audit work package including audit work documents, checklists, sampling plan, forms, and related documents.
- Collects, verifies, and analyzes information relevant to audit objectives, scope and criteria, including information relative to interfaces between functions, activities, and processes.
- Conducts review of regulations, standards, procedures, records, data, and other documents relevant to audit scope, objectives, and criteria.
- Evaluates audit evidence relative to audit criteria to determine audit findings, including identification of opportunities for improvement.
- Communicates progress of the audit as appropriate.
- Develops written audit reports describing audit findings, observations, and trends for client and management review.
- Conducts audit entrance and exit meetings.
- Communicates results to various levels of management and follows-up on corrective action activities.
- Conducts audit follow-up activities.
- Performs cause analysis and identifies linkages to business objectives.
- Compliant to all Safety guidelines and requirements
High School or GED
5 years of auditing or quality experience.
ASQ Certified Quality Auditor or equivalent
Field experience with electric or gas utilities.
1-year experience as a lead auditor.
10 years quality experience.
“FERC, NERC, WECC, CPUC, and/or CAISO regulatory knowledge.”
Product Quality Assurance